2007 Nissan Quest fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Nissan Quest:

2007 Nissan Quest Owner Comments (Page 4 of 4)

Aug 202014

Quest 6-cyl

On August 20, 2014 while driving back from va to md on I495, our 2007 Nissan Quest began to stalled and then the engine shuts off completely while we were in the middle of this highway. Luckily, there weren't much traffic and we were able to pulled over to the emergency lane with the vehicle's momentum. We also notice the steering wheel began to stiffen up where it was becoming difficult to steer. At which time, we also notice that the fuel gauge had about 1/4 of a tank of fuel left and the display on the dashboard had indicated 72 miles left before empty. Upon coming to a complete stop on the emergency lane, we tried to restart the car several times, but it wouldn't start. After a couple of tries, the fuel gauge suddenly dropped to E (empty) and the dashboard monitor displayed all stars (*****) which indicates empty fuel. After waiting for 1 hour, my friend came with his car and we went to a gas station and bought a container with 2 gallon of gas which we put it into the our Quest. At which time the car started normal and we were on our way. This was a very frightening and dangerous experience for us. Since the incident, the fuel gauge has been acting up and giving us false readings. Just last week when we filled up our car, the fuel gauge was displaying empty.

- Germantown, MD, USA

Aug 112014

Quest 6-cyl

Gas gauge read that I had 1/4 of tank of gas. I did not have any. I had to call aaa for assistance. Since then, my gas gauge has not been accurate. I will need to have it serviced.

- Wilmington, DE, USA

Apr 012014

While driving, the car suddenly loses power and comes to a stop. After several attempts to restart the engine I decided to check the mte and gas gauge which both indicate there is plenty of gas to continue. I had the battery, alternator and starter checked and they were fine. So I decided to add more gas then shazam it started. Please inform if there's a recall or how to remedy the issue. Thanks.

- Upper Marlboro, MD, USA

Feb 192014

Quest 6-cyl

Beginning in February 2014 my Quest, owned for less than 6 months at that date, ran out of fuel when gauge still read 1/8 of a tank remained. Low fuel light did not come on, car simply stalled out and left me stranded on the side of a busy road. This had since happened four more times in the following five months. One incident left me stranded on a freeway offramp for nearly an hour with several close calls. I find it unacceptable that a vehicle I purchased from a dealer, less than a year ago, is this unreliable and untrustworthy! I don't feel safe having my family in this vehicle!

- Santa Ana, CA, USA

Jul 152014

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Quest. The contact stated that upon starting the vehicle, the engine immediately stalled. The contact stated that the fuel gauge reading indicated adequate fuel level when the fuel tank was actually empty. The vehicle restarted after the contact filled the fuel tank. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer. The manufacturer was notified of the problem and they informed the contact that the failure was under investigation. The approximate failure mileage was 105,000.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Apr 082014

We were traveling on the highway when our trip odometer said that we still had 60miles to E and then suddenly stalled. We were able to pull over but had no clue what happened since it said we still have gas. We called our roadside assistance who brought us gas along just in case and after putting the gas in, the car started back up. Just this morning however 7/15/2014 my gas gauge was suddenly almost at E when the night before I was just under a half a tank.

- South Milwaukee, WI, USA

Feb 252014

Quest 6-cyl

My wife and kids were driving about 25 to 35 miles of speed all of sudden vehicle was stalled. After towing vehicle to home found that fuel guage doesn't showing the correct fuel level. By god grace nothing happened to my family otherwise it would have been accident that too narrow bridge.

- Lawrenceville, NJ, USA

Feb 282014

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Quest. The contact stated that the fuel gauge indicator displayed inaccurate information and as a result the vehicle stalled and began to hesitate because the fuel tank was empty. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the fuel gauge needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure and current mileage was 92,000.

- Iowa City , IA, USA

Oct 182012

Quest 6-cyl

I was traveling on a state road at approx. 50 mph. I was beginning to start a curvy hill and pressed the gas pedal with no response. There was no engine revving heard and the tachometer had dropped to zero and all dash lights were on as if I had just turned the key to the 'on' position to start it. There was no low fuel light and the fuel gauge indicated 1/4 tank. I tried turning the engine over, but it wouldn't crank as if it was out of gas. Thankfully there was no one behind me coming around the blind curve or else someone would have been severely injured or worse. I pressed the trip button several times on the data display and it was flashing asterisk as if it was out of gas. I walked 2 miles to a gas station and put a gallon of gas in the tank and the car van cranked right up which indicated the van was out of gas, but the fuel gauge and low fuel light was faulty. This has occurred 3 other times with my wife driving alone. Once was on a U.S. hwy. It appears there's a bad fuse or bad sensor, but we're not sure and I've not seen any recalls on this. Now we just have to keep an eye on the data display once the fuel hits a half tank. It's just not something you think to do while driving. I at least wish the trip display would pop up as a low fuel backup, but when your children are watching a dvd or the radio is on and you're concentrating on driving you don't think to press the trip button to check the dte. I wish someone would come up with a solution or show a recall. We are desperate and afraid someone will either be injured or it will do damage to the van. We can't afford to take to the dealer to pay a high price B/C my wife is in school. Please help!

- Inman, SC, USA

Jul 082013

In April 2012 the Nissan Quest stopped in the middle of traffic - the Nissan dealership diagnosed that the fuel pump needed to be replaced along with the sensor - charged $694. On July 8th the car stopped and the fuel gauge indicated a half a tank of gas. I put gas in the car but the gauge did not move. In researching this issue there was a recall on the 2007 Nissan Quest because of the fuel gauge. Nissan unwilling to repair vehicle. The first time this occurred it was very dangerous, vehicle stopped in the middle of a busy road - police had to be called to get my wife and daughter out of van until vehicle could be tolled. Nissan states my VIN # is not one of the recalled 2007 Nissan Quest vans. If you have a recall all vans should be covered and how do they get to pick and choose which ones.

- Hockessin, DE, USA

Jul 172012

Quest 6-cyl

Fuel gauge stopped working, backup sensors stopped working, and alot of electrical issues.

- Milton, NH, USA

Jan 162013

Quest 6-cyl

Problems with the fuel pump/system have occurred several times. On or about 1/6/2013, while driving 20 mph and coming to a light, the car turned off. The gauge showed 1/4 tank. The mechanic replaced the fuel pump and added 1 gallon of gas. Next day, the same thing happened as approaching a red light. Fuel level still at 1/4 tank. Mechanic added gas and the car started. Gas gauge is inaccurate and dangerous. In February 2013, on several occasions, after driving/parking the van, it would start and then turn off, start and then turn off. I was able to get it to run by giving it gas as soon as it started. On 3/13/2013, after driving the van and parking it, it would not start. It kept cranking, but nothing. Mechanic found electrical problem in the wiring and was able to fix it. On 3/28/2013, the car started and the fuel gauge dropped to empty with service engine light on. Van had a full tank of gas. Mechanic replaced the fuel pump and said there is an electrical problem with the fuel pump grounding. On a Nissan forum I discovered the following recall: "the recall affects 2005 - 2008 Nissan titan, armada and infiniti qx56S as well as Nissan frontier pickups and pathfinder and xterra SUVS produced between January and March 2006 and between October 2007 and January 2008. Due to a problem with a sensor inside the fuel tank, the gauges can show gas tanks a quarter full when they are in fact empty." I think the Nissan Quest should also be recalled because this is a very serious and dangerous problem which is endemic to these cars.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Mar 152013

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Quest. The contact stated that while driving 50 mph, the fuel gauge incorrectly displayed that the fuel tank was half full. The engine stalled without warning due to the empty fuel tank level. The vehicle was refueled and resumed normally. The vehicle had not been diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage 152,617.

- Lyndhurst, NJ, USA