1.9

2008 Nissan Quest fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Nissan Quest:

2008 Nissan Quest Owner Comments

Jan 052015

Quest

Nissan recalled certain VIN for fuel gauge malfunction. My fuel gauge does not work at all, and my engine light is on all the time. I live in temperatures in AZ that can exceed 125 degrees, so if I run out of gas, this could be a very serious situation.

- Bullhead City, AZ, USA

Aug 102015

Quest

This fuel gauge left me inside of the road first day of school for 3 kids..now it has a slow oil leak that the mechanics can't seem to find.

- Cecilia, LA, USA

May 012015

Quest

The contact owns a 2008 Nissan Quest. The contact stated that while operating the vehicle, the fuel gauge indicator would not display accurate fuel levels. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that a sensor failed. The sensor was replaced but the failure persisted. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 86,000.

- Hamlet, NC, USA

May 272015

Quest

Car ran out of gas with gauge reading 77 miles to empty. I have a mailing form Nissan North America, Inc-- with my name, address, make and model of car, VIN number -- stating that there is this exact problem and that they will fix the issue at no charge. Yet-- when I talk to the dealership as well as 1800 nissan1-- both explain that there is no recall on the van at all and that I must pay $130 to have the vehicle looked at and then for the repair. I don't understand how they are not aware of the mailing they sent me. I cannot add the letter to this complaint-- but have it should you wish for me to email it to you or send a photo. I am taking a long distance trip in this van with my 3 children and am very upset. They keep telling me they have no record of this. How is it possible that I have had this same issue and they mailed me the letter informing me of this exact issue" big coincidence" please help.

- Huntley, IL, USA

May 102011

Quest

Car keeps shutting off at half of tank! I have replaced all catalic convertors, all 02 sensors, gas top, fuel rai, fuel pumps well every and anything that has to do with fuel and van still doing the same thing! also drives as if choke were

- Phila, PA, USA

Aug 132014

Quest 6-cyl

Inaccurate fuel gauge - my wife's Nissan Quest 2008 came to a complete stall in the middle of the road, while the fuel gauge was showing 70 miles left to empty. The regular dashboard gauge, also showed some level of gas. In reality, the tank had no gas at all. We confirmed that when, after some people's help, we were able to manually put some gas to arrive to the nearest gas station. My wife was in the car with the kids and it was a scary moment, to say the least. This was the second time it happened (unnoticed the reason the first time). Contacted Nissan Consumer Affairs and brought the car to a Nissan dealer for diagnostics. They validated that the car run out of gas with 66 miles left to empty on the display. Nissan Consumer Affairs doesn't consider this a defect nor decided to include the car under the recalls they had for this issue. They suggested that I upfront the cost of fixing this defect. This is a dangerous situation, as you cannot rely on the instruments to read levels of gas and the car can stall at higher speeds, causing significant injuries.

- Sterling, VA, USA