Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2011 Nissan Quest is great in terms of low complaints, but it also has an abysmal crash test rating for one very common type of impact.

The IIHS' "small overlap" crash test rates the vehicle's ability to protect front seat passengers when the car is impacted across 1/4th of the front bumper.

This mimics hitting a pole, or an off-center crash into another car — more common in the real world than a full frontal head-on crash.

See our crash test page for the detailed results — As you can see from the IIHS' crash test video, the Nissan Quest does not protect intrusion into the passenger space & major injury to the front seat passengers is likely.

2011 Nissan Quest seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Nissan Quest:

2011 Nissan Quest Owner Comments

Jan 252016

After a short 3 years the dash above the passenger side SRS airbag location on the dash split. I escalated the issue to Nissan 3rd level escalation and they would not replace the dash but would give me $1000 to split the cost. On Jan 25 2016 my car was involved in a no fault accident smashing head on into a snow bank and then rolling onto the roof then crunching on the passenger door. My forehead was smashed into the steering wheel of 10 airbags not 1 airbag deployed. I sustained injury and if I had a my family in the vehicle there would have been serious injury or death to the passengers. No side impact bags deployed or passenger airbags deployed. I am concerned that with this violent impact and the rolling of the vehicle that there should have been side impact airbag deployment and both front SRS airbags deployment. This should be investigated. At my Nissan dealership in wake forest alone there has been 4 including mine that had this type of defective dash that was replaced. My vehicle was a total lose according to the insurance investigation.

- Wake Forest, NC, USA