CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Nissan Quest is great in terms of low complaints, but it also has an abysmal crash test rating for one very common type of impact.

The IIHS' "small overlap" crash test rates the vehicle's ability to protect front seat passengers when the car is impacted across 1/4th of the front bumper.

This mimics hitting a pole, or an off-center crash into another car — more common in the real world than a full frontal head-on crash.

See our crash test page for the detailed results — As you can see from the IIHS' crash test video, the Nissan Quest does not protect intrusion into the passenger space & major injury to the front seat passengers is likely.

2012 Nissan Quest body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Nissan Quest:

2012 Nissan Quest Owner Comments

Sep 042015

Quest

I was driving today with my family on my 2012 Nissan Quest when all of the sudden the right back door open and close while I was driving on the highway, luckily my daughter was wearing her seat belt and nothing happened this is unsafe, this is an unsafe car to drive, I went to the dealer and they said they cant fix it because is a long weekend and they dont want to work. This is not the way to treat a customer, you get pay to work then do you job. Nissan are the worse car. I will hold Nissan 100% responsible if something happens to me or my family while driving this vehicle.

- Forest Hills, NY, USA

Jul 102014

Quest

May 2014, I had a wet driver side a pillar that was leaking. Nissan attributed it to a defective sunroof with a crack. The headliner, subwoofer and amplifier were replaced. On July 10, 2015, I took my car to a flagship carwash. After my car was washed I noticed water on the right side of the rear sunroof and on the headliner in the rear of the vehicle on both the right and left sides of the car was wet in all the above noted locations. My radio also stopped working. Nissan had my car for five days and said they could not recreate the leak or determine what was wrong with the radio. They would not look at the radio as it was not under warranty. I took my car to a local radio repair shop and they discovered rust behind the panels in the rear of the vehicle, in the cargo area and 2 inches of water under my cargo area. Vehicle was purchased Feb 2013 new.

- Parkton , MD, USA

May 302013

Quest 6-cyl

My car randomly accelerated on 2 occasions, May 30, 2013 and June 27, 2013. The first incident resulted in a crash, hitting a pole, tree, and another vehicle. 2nd incident was a near miss, almost had a head on collision with another vehicle. My 9 year old son and I were in the car. No resolution from Nissan. They are not concerned about safety. Want me to take car back without any explanation.

- Cherry Hill, NJ, USA