CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Nissan Quest is great in terms of low complaints, but it also has an abysmal crash test rating for one very common type of impact.

The IIHS' "small overlap" crash test rates the vehicle's ability to protect front seat passengers when the car is impacted across 1/4th of the front bumper.

This mimics hitting a pole, or an off-center crash into another car — more common in the real world than a full frontal head-on crash.

See our crash test page for the detailed results — As you can see from the IIHS' crash test video, the Nissan Quest does not protect intrusion into the passenger space & major injury to the front seat passengers is likely.

2.3

2012 Nissan Quest miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Nissan Quest:

2012 Nissan Quest Owner Comments

Oct 172015

Quest

Our ac quit working and we were informed that the ac lines had holes in them due to corrosion. This is absurd for a vehicle only three years old. Repair estimate is $1700 due to the fact that they have to drop the subframe in order to access the corroded lines. Clearly this is a vehicle defect and Nissan should take responsiblity for the substandard material used in these lines. We appear to be the second consumer reporting this issue on this site.

- Hastings, MN, USA

Jul 102014

Quest

May 2014, I had a wet driver side a pillar that was leaking. Nissan attributed it to a defective sunroof with a crack. The headliner, subwoofer and amplifier were replaced. On July 10, 2015, I took my car to a flagship carwash. After my car was washed I noticed water on the right side of the rear sunroof and on the headliner in the rear of the vehicle on both the right and left sides of the car was wet in all the above noted locations. My radio also stopped working. Nissan had my car for five days and said they could not recreate the leak or determine what was wrong with the radio. They would not look at the radio as it was not under warranty. I took my car to a local radio repair shop and they discovered rust behind the panels in the rear of the vehicle, in the cargo area and 2 inches of water under my cargo area. Vehicle was purchased Feb 2013 new.

- Parkton , MD, USA

Jul 172015

Quest

Dash is cracked along perimeter of passenger air bag.

- Moreno Valley, CA, USA

May 132015

Quest

Our vehicles air conditioning pipes have corroded through to the point where the line has holes in it. The repair is $1,200 which is extreme for a vehicle that is only three years old and has only seen 2.5 winters. Our other vehicle has seen five winters and has been driven in the same conditions has has not one bit of rust on it. The vehicles construction or defective parts must be the cause of the failure and Nissan should claim responsibility for this.

- Mansfield, PA, USA