2008 Nissan Rogue accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Nissan Rogue:

2008 Nissan Rogue Owner Comments

Aug 142016

While driving approx. 40 mph the passenger seat light came on indicating seat air bags would not engage. This occurred while a 150 lb. Person was sitting in the passenger seat. A light red indicator light also came on on the dash and it was blinking. Both of these lights have continued every time we use the car whether someone is sitting in the passenger seat or not. After seeing there was a recall on the 2008 OCS from Nissan, I took the car to our local Nissan dealer and they said our VIN number was not included in the recall. Why not, how did they determine that. The same part was used on all the 2008 Rogues as well as many other Nissan of that year. Why is NHTSA not investigating this. There are hundreds, probably more, Nissan vehicles 2008-2009 that have this very expensive problem as well as very unsafe, life threatening issue. Nissans "voluntary" recall helped them escape a full recall. They have not honored their "voluntary" recall.

- Mount Olive, NC, USA

Aug 222016

Supplemental air bag light is always flashing when vehicle is on. Dealer did diagnostic and said there's a problem with the passenger seat air bag sensor. The only remedy is to replace the passenger seat entirely. If the passenger seat is not replaced, the air bag may not deploy when it should.

- Denver, CO, USA

Aug 232016

The contact owns a 2008 Nissan Rogue. The contact stated that the passenger side air bag indicator blinked off and on continuously. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the front passenger seat cushion be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified. The VIN was excluded from NHTSA campaign number: 08V521000 (air bags). The approximate failure mileage was 148,000.

- Pinole, CA, USA

Jun 212011

Rogue 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2008 Nissan Rogue. The contact stated that the air bag warning light was constantly flashing. The passenger side air bag light was also illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the entire passenger seat sensor failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 45,000. Updated 08/17/16 the consumer was quoted a price of $ 1800. Also, the tire pressure gauge never worked properly. When the consumer took the vehicle to the dealer, for the problem, they would simply overfill the tires, until the flashing sensor would go out. Updated 08/22/16.

- Kalaheo, HI, USA

Jan 192015

I have been requesting Nissan replace the seat cushion in my Rogue since they inspected it in 2015. They have refused. Now I see there is a recall, air bag occupant classification system (OCS), and I have never been notified and do not see my vehicle in the recall notifications!!!!! I needs my seat cushion replaced, or the air bag sensor will not activate the airbag in a collision. I have been the only owner of this vehicle.

- Friendswood, TX, USA

Sep 012012

The contact owns a 2008 Nissan Rogue. The contact stated that the his front passenger occupancy sensor light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnosis. After diagnosis they advised him that the entire passenger front seat needed to be replaced. The vehicle has not been repaired. The manufacturer was not contacted. The failure mileage was approximately 75,000. The current mileage was approximately 108,000.

- Branson, MO, USA

Oct 092009

My wife and I leased a 2008 Nissan rouge two years ago. An issue has since transpired. In October of 2009 we noticed that the passenger airbag light occasionally goes on regardless of the size of the person sitting there. This light indicates that the airbag is off. We took it to Nissan and they could not duplicate the problem. Over this last year the issue continues to arise. I decided to take the vehicle in this past Monday with a routine check. Prior to my dropping the vehicle off I decided to record it on my phone as we were driving seeing as though I could not bring the car to the dealership as soon as it was happening. After the car was there for a few hours, I got a call back saying that there is nothing wrong with the car and they are ready to release. I am still not comfortable driving the vehicle so I left it there and call customer affairs. Finally after 4 days, they returned my call. They indicated that they spoke to the shop and are not authorizing any repairs or paying for the rental vehicle as they could not duplicate the problem. They are refusing to fix this issue and are saying that my 125 lb wife may be too light to activate the bag sensor.

- Livonia, MI, USA