2008 Nissan Rogue body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Nissan Rogue:

2008 Nissan Rogue Owner Comments

Jan 012015

Rogue

Front passenger side door handle failed - door could not be opened. Nissan had issued an service campaign that covered repairs if the issue happened by 72,000 miles. Issue occurred at 74,000 miles so refused to cover the cost. This was a safety issue if I needed to escape from the vehicle from that door. Due to the safety aspect, Nissan should be issuing a recall for the lifetime of the vehicle. Driver side door handle had started to fail at time of repair and had to be replaced also. Again, Nissan refused to honor the service campaign.

- Nashville, TN, USA

Mar 122014

Rogue

Door lock actuator on both front doors froze after freezing rain/ ice storm. In the morning I opened the door and started the car (did not close the door) and went inside the house while it warmed-up. When I returned the drivers side door would not open from the outside or the inside handles. The passenger door had stopped working from the outside handle about 6 weeks earlier after a similar storm, though I was not aware of the relationship of the problem to the weather at the time. When I tried to open the passenger side door from the inside handle on 03/12/2014 it would not open. I was now not able to access the vehicle from either front door. I was able to climb in through the back seat, over the console to turn the car off. I was then directed by Nissan customer affairs to bring the vehicle to a dealership for repair. When accessing the car to drive it to the dealership I strained my back and scratched my hand and arm on the console (no doctors visit). Upon arriving at the dealership in alban, NY I had to crawl out of the car through the back door. A woman pulled up directly behind me who was there to service the same problem with her 2008 Nissan Rogue, though only with one of the front doors. I called all of the Nissan dealerships in the area and they were all servicing at least one 2008 Nissan Rogue with the same issue after the freezing rain storm. The parts were ordered for me to bring the vehicle back for repair. I was told it would take 2 - 3 days for the parts to come in. After 4 business days (6 days) I was called and informed that the parts were back-ordered and would be another several days. The parts were in high demand regionally after the weather event, showing that this is a systematic problem.

- Wynantskill, NY, USA

Jul 022010

Rogue

While driving ~65mph on the interstate in steady traffic on dry asphalt, the passenger-side rear door window "exploded." The passenger seats were in the down (flat) position; most of the glass fell in to the car, but enough blew out of the car to embed in/scratch the exterior paint. Nissan dealer in the area of our travel vacuumed the glass out of the car and loosely covered the window space with masking tape and plastic seat covers (the kind used to cover the seat for Transport and/or garage work). Since this was a road trip several hundred miles from home, we had to reinforce the plastic cover job with heavy cardboard, additional plastic, and tape so we could drive the interstate and protect the car from further damage, wind, and rain. I contacted my home dealership to advise of the incident and request that parts be ordered to make repair asap after I returned home and to find out if incident is covered by factory warranty. Repair is delayed by holiday weekend; warranty coverage has not been determined. Luckily, we had no back seat passengers.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Apr 252008

Rogue 4-cyl

My band new 2008 Rogue was hit by another car. My car was not moving and the other car backed into my car going about 5 miles per hour. My bumper was completing dented inward on the passenger side. My headlight also needs to be replaced. This is the second time my new car has been in an accident for a minor fender bender for a long period of time.

- Silver Spring, MD, USA