2008 Nissan Rogue drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Nissan Rogue:

2008 Nissan Rogue Owner Comments (Page 5 of 5)

Dec 092011

Rogue 4-cyl

On Dec 12, 2011 at 0500 am my 2009 2008 Nissan Rogue had a keyless entry rollaway. The car was turned off and rolled away causing car and property damage (damage to the car door) after turning off my engine I left the car, leaving the car door open and the car rolled away. I believe that this is a major design flaw of keyless entry cars and that it is the responsibility of both the ntsb and Nissan to personally notify people of this major design flaw and to provide corrective action to avoid repeated accidents. Some sort of "fix" such as an automatic lock should prevent the vehicle from leaving rolling away when the car engine is turned off. In reviewing the info available from ntsb I noted that this is a design flaw that has been noted in similar cases involving rollaway accidents and that both industry has not taken corrective action.

- Mesa, AZ, USA

May 282009

Rogue 4-cyl

I purchased a new 2008 Nissan rouge in March of 2008. My first road trip was in may of 2009. While driving on the highway I lost power (very dangerous). I took the overdrive off, put petal to floor, pulled over to side of the road nothing helped. I went to dealership for a noise I heard also on trip, motor mounts were loose but noise did not change. Ay that time I let them know about loss of power. Thinking it was just a fluke because around town I didn't have trouble with power. Went on another road trip and it did the same thing. Specialist supposedly flew in told me it was because the transmission fluid was a tiny bit to high. I told them I bought it off the showroom floor, after blinking of eyes they still claimed that was the reason. This year next road trip and it did the same thing at 4 different times...very scary!!! it seems to be getting worse. My son took it to airport to pck friends up, it happened a hour and a half from home. Then recurred in 5 lanes of city interstate traffic. He was so close to getting hit by the grace of god he didn't. I took it to the city 2 weeks ago and it did the same to me. It is so scary to be going along at 65 mph in 5 lanes of bumper traffic and loose power. Now I am making payments on a car that I could not even trust to drive my kid back to college this year. I have been to the dealership and I have been on the phone with headquarters of Nissan for over a month now and I am not getting no where. Looking on this website it looks like there are lots of issues with this car...how many accidents or deaths need to happen before they stand behind there product. Would love any feed back on who I need to speak to next! thank you

- Moab, UT, USA

Aug 202011

Rogue 4-cyl

3 times now my 2008 Nissan Rogue has had acceleration problems on the highway. It happened the 1st time on Aug. 20, 2011 then again on Sept. 5, 2011. Both times I was driving on the highway, at 60-65mph when suddenly, the car would not go over 40mph even when the gas pedel was floored. I have read online many people are having this same issue with the cvt transmission. I feel this car is unsafe-as you can not move the car up to speed to get it out of the way of on coming traffic. I have an appointment with the Nissan dealer on Sept. 10-but they are telling me they have not heard of this problem.

- Golden, CO, USA

Feb 152010

Rogue

The contact owns a 2008 Nissan Rogue. While driving approximately 60 mph the vehicle suddenly decelerated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing and the technician stated the transmission had to be replaced. After the vehicle was repaired the failure occurred a second time. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was unavailable. The approximate failure mileage was 30,000.

- Basalt, CO, USA

Aug 172011

Rogue

The contact owns a 2008 Nissan Rogue. The contact stated that the vehicle would not shift out of park. After repeated attempts, the gear shift finally shifted out of park. The failure recurred whenever the contact attempted to shift the vehicle from park. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer where the contact was informed that the shift assembly would need replacing. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and offered no assistance. The failure mileage was 55,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Hope Valley, RI, USA

Mar 032010

Rogue

Noise on Nissan Rogue 2008 they changed transmission still did it they reprogrammed it still does it when we take it to dealer they say they don't hear it but I hear everyday.

- Greenwood, IN, USA

Jan 132009

Rogue

Clunk noise whenin reverse, felt pop in the floor in the back seat area. Happens only at times.

- Greeley, CO, USA

Jul 172008

Rogue

I have a 2008 Nissan Rogue (all wheel drive). It has a loud noise (grinding/clunking) sound at slow speed. I'm told by the dealer that they have another one that is doing the same and they don't have an answer. Nissan states that they are looking into it, don't know what it is, but that the vehicle is safe to drive..... if they don't know what it is how can they say that it's safe to drive? to me it sounds like it's either the transmission or transfer case.

- Bloomington, IL, USA

Jun 062008

Rogue

I have a transmission rattle/clanking noise which is fairly constant in the car, except at high acceleration. I have complained numerous times to Nissan about the problem, but Nissan is currently considering this sound normal. It has been getting worse, and I am concerned about a transmission failure, which could cause an accident.

- Lake Mary, FL, USA