2008 Nissan Rogue electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Nissan Rogue:

2008 Nissan Rogue Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Apr 012010

The contact owns a 2008 Nissan Rogue. The contact stated that the tire pressure and air bag warning lights were illuminated. The contact attempted to repair the vehicle but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was contacted, but denied any assistance with repairs to the defect. The vehicle had experienced similar symptoms as the recall associated with NHTSA campaign id number: 09V393000 ( tires:pressure monitoring and regulating systems), but the VIN was not included in the recall. A local mechanic diagnosed that there was a tire pressure sensor defect. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 30,000 and the current mileage was 50,000.

- East Armhurst, NY, USA

Dec 152010

Rogue 4-cyl

Recently I have noticed that when I fill up my 2008 Nissan Rogue that the gas gauge does not read full. Contacting 2 dealers I was told there is no issue they know of. Upon checking on the internet I find there are many complaints, in all year Rogues, and a couple other Nissan models. Nissan has to know about it. Some say theirs stay 1/4 of a tank down, while the majority say an 1/8 of a tank. This false reading could result in people being stranded in desolate places, thereby threatening ones health; or an entire family's health, I know a gentleman who bought a 2011, has less than 5,000 miles on it, and his already has the same issue. This has to be a Nissan issue, as I see on no other auto makes on line. Do you have any data on this? thank you.

- Pittsboro, NC, USA

Dec 132010

Cold day in nyc. The 2008 Nissan Rogue driver's side door fails to open. At first I used the keyless entry system. Then I tried to use the key and it will still not open. I had to go around the passenger side to get into the driver's seat. This is a safety issue especially at nights and dimlit areas. I had this problem before on the passenger side and took it to the dealer. They charged me $250 to fix problem even though this new model is supposed to be under warranty. Nissan needs to address this issue. I will never purchase a Nissan again.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Oct 092009

My wife and I leased a 2008 Nissan rouge two years ago. An issue has since transpired. In October of 2009 we noticed that the passenger airbag light occasionally goes on regardless of the size of the person sitting there. This light indicates that the airbag is off. We took it to Nissan and they could not duplicate the problem. Over this last year the issue continues to arise. I decided to take the vehicle in this past Monday with a routine check. Prior to my dropping the vehicle off I decided to record it on my phone as we were driving seeing as though I could not bring the car to the dealership as soon as it was happening. After the car was there for a few hours, I got a call back saying that there is nothing wrong with the car and they are ready to release. I am still not comfortable driving the vehicle so I left it there and call customer affairs. Finally after 4 days, they returned my call. They indicated that they spoke to the shop and are not authorizing any repairs or paying for the rental vehicle as they could not duplicate the problem. They are refusing to fix this issue and are saying that my 125 lb wife may be too light to activate the bag sensor.

- Livonia, MI, USA