1.7

2008 Nissan Rogue engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Nissan Rogue:

2008 Nissan Rogue Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jun 082013

Rogue 4-cyl

The cvt transmission in the 2008 Nissan Rogue is very dangerous. The car loses acceleration after traveling a distance (over 40 miles) and when it comes to a stop, it will not take off. Saturday, June 8, 2013 I drove from college station, tx to houston, tx (85 miles). When I came a stop sign after exiting the freeway, I stopped and then attempted a right turn into oncoming traffic. Once I depressed the gas, the car rolled into the intersection and stalled with traffic barreling toward me. Cars had to swerve to avoid hitting me. This car has always had acceleration and deceleration problems since I bought it and no warning lights ever come on. The first time the car broke down was on the first road trip I took in the car. In 2012 as I was driving to atlanta, Georgia and the car broke completely down in birmingham, Alabama. I had to get a loaner from the local dealership in birmingham to complete my trip. The cvt transmission is a very, very dangerous technology and it should be recalled and a class action suit should be initiated against Nissan. Nissan has extended the warranty from 60000 to 120000 in all cvt transmission vehicles. Why would they do this if they do not think there is a problem.

- College Station, Tx , TX, USA

Mar 112013

Rogue

I was turning from a residential street onto a main road, when I went to accelerate the car red lined, but did not accelerate. I was only able to go 5-10 miles an hour. I managed to pull over without getting hit and had to get the car towed to the dealership. The transmission was replaced and I was told this had happened numerous times with the cvt in the Rogue.

- Providence, RI, USA

Jul 022012

Rogue 4-cyl

Problem in July 2012- at a stop light, went to accelerate, and nothing, , kept pushing gas pedal, , took out of drive and put back in, finally went., kept doing this at unexpected times. No service light went on. Took to dealership, $600, later, they said it was my acceleration cable, and replaced it.. stated transmission had nothing to do with it.. still not running well, still makes whining noise - March 2013 started doing same thing with acceleration., almost got killed taking a left hand turn and no acceleration. Making high pitch noise @ 50-60 miles.took to dealership -said it was my transmission fluid, it was overfilled and bad color". $ 200 to change fluid, still not agreeing to change out transmission. I looked on line, a ton of complaints on same issues.. all resulting in the cvt- how do I get the dealership to fix problem"

- Arizona City, AZ, USA

Mar 012010

Rogue

The car would lose acceleration when driving and also when starting to go from being stopped. First time it happened was driving around 60 mph on highway and the gas pedal was fully to the floor and the car would not increase in speed. The car lost speed and decreased down to 45 mph. When getting off the highway at the end of the exit the car would not move when pressing on the gas. 5 seconds later the car thrusted into the middle of the road as power kicked back in. After several phone calls to Nissan and trips to the dealership they replaced the transmission at around 60,000 miles. Care was good for about 8 months but started having same issue. Have had the car to the dealership 10 - 12 times with same issue and to this day it has not been fixed. They usually state they can not replicate the issue. Test drove the car with their top mechanic and got the acceleration issue to happen. They mechanic said Nissan is well aware of the issue and he drained fluids saying the level was to high. 6 months later same issues again. Trip after trip to the dealership they say they can't replicate the issue and send us on our way. Last time 3 other customers were at the dealership with same issue. There needs to be a recall.

- Hamburg, NJ, USA