2009 Nissan Rogue seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Nissan Rogue:

2009 Nissan Rogue Owner Comments

Jun 012011

Rogue 4-cyl

I am 5'1" and approx 105 lbs. When I or a friend (under 110 lbs) sits in the front passenger seat the passenger airbag off light goes on. I have taken it in to the dealer several times for this issue. Last time they replaced the seat and airbag sensor. The problem persists. I took it in again today and was told that there was nothing mechanically wrong/malfunctioning just that the seat and sensors are designed to turn the airbag off if an adult weighs under 110 lbs. In the event of an accident, if I or a friend (who isunder 110 lbs) is in the passenger seat we will not be protected by the airbag. I am frustrated. Why was I leased a vehicle that is not safe? I previously had a murano and did not have this problem. I have looked at current muranos and do not have this problem. It only occurs with the Rogue.

- Eastlake, OH, USA