2.6

2010 Nissan Rogue engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Nissan Rogue:

2010 Nissan Rogue Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Sep 272016

Rogue

I bought a new 2010 Nissan Rogue sl AWD in July 2010. At about 50-60K miles, the engine would cut off if I came to an abrupt stop after traveling about 60-65mph and then braking at a red light for instance. I have also had an issue with the car not accelerating on the highway when pressing on the gas. This happened few times and I took the car to the dealer's service department, who said they could not identify a problem after doing a test drive. I find hard to believe Nissan is not aware of this issue with these many complaints of same or very similar problems. Today, 9/27/16, my car engine cut off while entering the highway, I was super lucky my car was not hit by a truck, which could have ended with me being killed.

- Cambria Heights, NY, USA

Aug 172016

Rogue

After driving on the highway for about an hour, the car decelarates and I am unable to keep up with traffic. This will continue until I am going about 55 mph. Once I get off the highway and stop, the car will not go again until after a few minutes. This can be very dangers when trying to get into traffic after traveling onthe highway. This has happened 4 times now. This needs to be recalled by Nissan asap.

- Evans, GA, USA

Jun 252016

Rogue

I own a 2010 Nissan Rogue, which will, without notice, after running a few miles in a highway, it hesitates and loose all accelerations.. have had near rear end collisions. Mechanic says its the Nissan roque's cvt transmission. I have read several complains about the same problems. Nissan should have a national safety recall on this. Thanks for your help. Violet of scarsdale, New York

- Scarsdale, NY, USA

Jun 102016

Rogue

I have a 2010 Nissan Rogue that has 60,000 miles and the last couple of years it has began to lose speed when on the highway going 65mph. When I would push on the gas pedal it would not accelerate past 40mph. This would happen when driving longer than 1 hour and when going uphill. None of the service lights would light up, but it was very scary driving on a highway going 65mph one minute and then 40mph the next minute, especially this highway has a minimum speed limit of 55mph! this has been my only real safety issue with this vehicle other than the tires constantly deflating and the AWD does not do as well I expected in the snow.

- Littleton, CO, USA

Jun 252016

Rogue

I have Nissan rouge 2010. I bought it brand new. Everything was ok until last 7, 8 months when start with problems. Every time when I drive car more than 45 + miles on highway my speed and power goes rapidly down from 70 mph to 40mph and below with noise from engine. If you try to accelerate does not work. You press pedal to the floor nothing is happening. The worst part is all this come without any warnings. I did some online research and I was shocked that a lot of people have same problem. Most likely is transmission. Yesterday me, my wife and five years old daughter were driving from houston, tx to san antonio tx which is 180 miles, I was driving 70-75 mph on I-10 when same thing happened again I lost my speed to under 40 mph and 18 wheeler behind us almost hit us. We were very lucky that day. I think problems with those small SUVS somebody needs to take seriously and those vehicles should be recall before tragedies starts. 06/26/2016

- Pearsall, TX, USA

Mar 212016

Rogue

While going down the highway at 75 mph all of a sudden it starts to decrease speed. This has happen a couple of times. I would like to know what Nissan is going to do about this since there are several people that has had this very same complaint. Something needs to be done about it. There needs to be a recall on this since there are so many people complaining about this. Why doesn't Nissan want to stand behind their product. I love my Rogue. I would like this problem dealt worth in a timely manner please. I imagine everyone would.

- Hartshorne, OK, USA

Apr 172016

Rogue

We have a 2010 Nissan rouge that will be driving fine then all of a sudden it starts decelerating to less than 70 mph on a busy interstate. Even trying to push the gas pedal all the way down does not do anything. We purchased this Nissan for our child to drive to college because we thought it would be safe. We have major concerns about this happening every time it is driven on the interstate. Does not have this problem when driven just locally. It only has 65K miles on it. Thought Nissan's were supposed to last forever and be safe. Don't feel safe sending my child to college in it anymore because this is happening so frequently.

- Cross Plains, TN, USA

Dec 192015

Rogue

When driving it suddenly stopped without a warning. When I went to check all the coolant was spilled. It scape through a tiny whole made from inside out in the transmission thermostat in the tubing connected to the transmission. I think Nissan is using poor quality materials for the cooling system tube connectors. Y have a 20 years old Hyundai and its cooling system has never failed. I also have a 15 years Toyota corolla and its cooling system has never failed. The concern thermostat perforated through its wall from inside out.

- Aguadilla, PR, USA

Aug 012015

Rogue

The car developed a problem where the transmission was slipping and I noticed fluid leaking. Took to dealer, and I had additional coverage for repairs and break down. They told me the enclosed transmission developed a leak due to corrosion. That corrosion damage is not covered, and it cost $400 to remove the part rather than replace it. The car has a grinding vibrating sound when driving. The cvt is known to have this issue, and the transmission is sealed so you can't check your fluid level and it is required to only use Nissan manufactured transmission fluid. The cvt is tied into a fail safe mode that can be activated by high temperature in the engine. A cooling kit has been recommended but I have read mixed posts as to the dealerships charging to put it into the car. The car has been known to totally lose power while driving if it goes into this fail safe mode or when the cvt just fails completely. Warranty was extended to 10yrs/120000 miles for cvt.

- Harpersfield, NY, USA

Dec 092015

Rogue

My nissa Rogue have a transmission replaced back on 6/18/2014 when I was 10 hours away from home now here in town my car doesn't want to pass 10 mph and it does a horrible sound when the gas is push to go is so unsafe. I have to stop driving right them.

- Brentwood, TN, USA

Feb 012014

Rogue

The contact owns a 2010 Nissan Rogue. While driving at highway speeds, the vehicle suddenly failed to accelerate past 65 mph and the rpms would not increase past 3,000. The failure was intermittent and occurred after driving for more than one hour. The contact also indicated that the failure was more severe while driving up an incline. In addition, the service engine light recently illuminated. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who was unable to diagnose the cause of the failures. The manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was 75,000.

- Crozet, VA, USA

Aug 092013

Rogue

My 2010 Nissan Rogue stopped accelerating properly on a highway. I could not properly merge into traffic. Very scary!!! I made it home and thought it was a fluke. It then began stalling periodically, and the acceleration issue continued. We needed a new transmission at 78K! flags forward 46K more miles on replaced transmission, ...the problem reappeared and was worse! Nissan won't replace this one and was very rude, unprofessional and won't semi the problem and serious safety issue. This was my third Nissan, but my other two were muranos and never had an issue. My experience here was so scary and so disappointing with Nissan dismissal of this serious issue that we will never buy another and will tell all our friends and family too. You should not buy from Nissan as they do not stand behind their products!

- Jackson, NJ, USA

May 252015

Rogue

After driving about an hour, the cvt no longer works and the car will not accelerate, even if you put the pedal to the floor. It will not go above 2,000 rpms and if you go up a hill you will lose accelerations. This happens frequently after an hour or more of driving. The only way to temporarily fix the issue is to turn the car off for a while. It has almost caused major accidents on the highway.

- Maryland Heights, MO, USA

May 132015

Rogue

I bought this 2010 Nissan rougue 5 months back from carmax, lexington, ky. I travel frequently from lexington, ky to cary, nc and New York, NY every quarter. I used my son car Camry and rental cars( chevvy, Ford, Toyota and Nissan ultima), but never faced this problem. The problem is when once on highway I set the vehicle in cruise control for 72 mph, suddenly when the highway elevation starts to go up, the cruise control is dropped and the vehicle starts speed starts to slide up to 30...the elast it dropped is 29 mph, evwn while you are pressing accelerator ( infact it is floored ). then I stopped using cruise control, but for every elevation the problem persists, thias continues till I stopped getting high altitudes. Around lexington, ky where ever I go I hit mountains, so I started facing this problem, when ever I hit us 64 E, us 77N or S and us 75 N or S........yesterday my self, my wife and my daughter are coming home from New York to lexington, the problem started once it hits mountains and continues till weschester, ky whivh is 20 miles from lexington, ky. The drive of 12 hours, took absolutely 22 hrs with break for every 3 hrs ( break of 20 to 25 mts), other than breaks just imagine on highway the vehicle starts to drop the speed and what happens with vehicles behind you, even highly loaded trucks crossed us and drove comfortably.......it is a serious dangerous problem with Nissan rougue...to be rectified or fixing the problem. The same routes I drove in different vehicle as mentioned above even Nissan utima as rental car, no issues, but for this vehicle. Then online I found that mine is not the first or last vehicle, there are more Nissan Rogues like this. We need justice from the Nissan usa.

- Lexington, KY, USA

May 092015

Rogue

While the vehicle is setrup on cruise for 70 miles, suddenly the cruise coast was shoiu off and vehicle start going down, even while we press accelarator, no response. The accelerator was completly floored, but the vehicle slowed down till it reaches 35 mph. I stopped the vehicle on the side of highway and shutoff the vehicle for 15 mts and re started. It performed normally till high elevation came and then started the same issue, this time with out cruise control on. Like this it went on till I reach Pennsylvania state. This hsppend while I am traveling from lexington, ky to New York NY. It happened again while coming back, once I crossed Pennsylvania and reached us 68 Maryland and continued till I reach us 64 till weschester. This time me, my wife and my daughter are pannicked for every two or three hours and took break for 20 mts for every three hours. The total 12 hrs travell took 20 hrs for us to reach lexington, ky. 2010 Nissan rougue is only 5 months old, I bought it from carmax, lexington, ky. This I observed on highways and while going in elevations, if that is the case from lexington where ever I travel is always high elevations. Please give justice to us.

- Lexington, KY, USA

Apr 012015

Rogue 4-cyl

2010 Nissan Rogue. Consumer writes in regards to the wiring harness connector recall notice, driver seat slides back, engine service light and other vehicle issues. The consumer had difficulty getting the gear shift out of park and the vehicle had a jerking effect while driving. The consumer referenced recall # 15V032000.

- Corona, NY, USA

Mar 132015

Rogue

The contact owned a 2010 Nissan Rogue. While driving 55 mph, other driver's alerted the contact that the vehicle was on fire. The contact discovered that there was smoke coming from the driver side of the vehicle. As a result, the vehicle became engulfed in flames and the contact had to exit the vehicle through a window. The fire department was able to extinguish the fire. A police report and a fire report were filed. The vehicle was destroyed. The contact referenced NHTSA campaign number: 15V032000 (electrical system). The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 55,200.

- Oakland Gardens, NY, USA

Aug 082012

Rogue

Vehicle would suddenly and unexpectedly lose power, especially on inclines or in hot weather. While traveling up mountain road, vehicle suddenly lost power and I was nearly rear-ended as other vehicles coming up the road rounded the corner at a higher rate of speed. While leaving the palm springs area, vehicle suddenly lost power while driving in heat exceeding 95 degrees. After exiting freeway, vehicle would not accelerate and cars exiting the freeway at higher rates of speed had to swerve to avoid my vehicle. Nissan has replaced the transmission on three occasions and each time the problem has recurred.

- Riverside, CA, USA

Jul 022013

Rogue

Two months after I bought this car at coral springs Nissan, fl. I was driving to miami when the car loose power from 70 mph went to 40 mph the car could not accelerate anymore it was very scary. This problem only happens when you drive for more than 1 hour. I took the car to the dealer they could not find any problem because they only did a test drive for maybe 30 minutes. One year after the initial problem the car loose power quite often I only need to drive less than 30 minutes, and the car cannot accelerate is like it goes to neutral when I am at the stop sign, making an U-turn, a right or left turn. I am afraid to have a car accident. I am very surprise after reading others complaints that Nissan has not take any action to resolve this problem.

- Coral Springs, FL, USA

Jul 012014

Rogue 4-cyl

Driving at highway speed, the vehicle would refuse to accelerate to pass a vehicle. Happened multiple times on a 1 hour road trip, causing near fatality as car would not accelerate up a hill and when in the course of passing a disabledvehicle, the car would not speed up enough to keep up with traffic speed in adjacent lane, causing driver behind vehicle to slam on brakes to avoid collision. The vehicle refused to accelerate the remainder of the trip (1 hour more) and engine light illuminated.

- Apo, AE, USA