1.8

2010 Nissan Rogue engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Nissan Rogue:

2010 Nissan Rogue Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Jun 022013

Rogue 6-cyl

I took it out of town on a business trip 200 miles from home..only to have it start acting up about 2hours from my destination. Going up hills, my car lost power, would no longer go above 60mph(not too safe loosing power like that when the speed limit is 75mph). You could push the accelerator all the way to the floor, and the car would not accelerate anymore..and the RPM's would not exceed 2. this happened 2 times in the next 2 hours...would last about 12-20 minutes, and then, power would come back, this same thing happened 5 more times in my next to trips, I took the car to the dealer and they blamed Nissan for the type of transmission use in this type of cars. This is not safe. In all the times I lost power going up-hill, and in those occasions there was someone behind me. Every time had to quick swerve around me, to avoid rear-ending me at 75mph, as I lost power down to -60mph.

- Fishkill, NY, USA

Jun 062013

Rogue 4-cyl

I took a trip to Chicago going through the mountains in Tennessee. As I was going up the mountain my 2010 Nissan Rogue begin to slow down, disengage from my cruise control no matter how hard I press the petal my car would not go any faster. This occurs through out the trip to Chicago and later to North Carolina. Before taking the trips I had my ctv light come on and the car would almost cut off or stall when I came to a stop. I took that in to my Nissan person who fix that problem but could not fix my new problem but referred me to my dealer. He stated that Nissan was having problems with the cvt transmission and had extended the warranty up to $120,000. I have taken the car in to the dealers but they would only drive it around the block, no light would come, no code to fix. Please refer to the information provided by edmund.com concerning the cvt transmission problems with the Nissan 2010 rouge. There are two service bulletin that show this problem only occurs on long distance travel. Unfortunately, Nissan recommend that I continue to drive the car putting my life and family at danger until the problem occurs, only if there is a light come on then bring it in to them to fix. This is a huge safety issue, they do not want to fix the problem because the problem is the cvt new transmission. I am suppose to continue to drive and make my monthly payment even though there is a serious defect with this car. I want Nissan to purchase back this car at fair market value and I would like to see my government recall these cars before someone dies.

- Cummings , GA, USA

Jun 212013

Rogue

The contact owns a 2010 Nissan Rogue. The contact stated that while traveling approximately 65 mph, the vehicle suddenly lost acceleration power. The contact also stated that the failure was experienced several times. The vehicle was taken to a private mechanic where the failure could not be diagnosed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was contacted about the failure. The failure mileage was 74,500.

- Arden, NC, USA

Jun 272013

Rogue 4-cyl

I have had to replace the stop light switch in the computerized engine of my Rogue. The car would not accelerate in a normal time frame from 0-15 miles per hour, 6-7 seconds to respond. It would not maintain speeds over 60 miles an hour, slowing down without any control over it. It would not respond properly when I pushed the accelerator. This was very dangerous as I impeded traffic and could not function as needed in high traffic and highway settings. As I research, I see this has been a common complaint for several years.

- Lawrence, KS, USA

Jul 272012

Rogue

2010 Rogue has repeated problems with acceleration. Specifically from a stopped position. And when on a hill, if you are stopped, it won't accelerate at all, even when pushing driving pedal all the way down to the floor. On top of this, it now will not hold a cruise with cruise control on the interstate. Extremely dangerous when attempting to turn left from a stopped position without a green arrow. This is apparently, according to complaints, a very common problem, and there needs to be a recall. Have called dealership three times to schedule service and tell them about this major problem only to be told I would get a call back with no call-back. Am showing up tomorrow with my car insisting on an answer.

- Birmingham, AL, USA

Jul 062012

Rogue 4-cyl

My car's transmission failed while driving home. I have a long commute to and from work. Luckily I was able to get home at 20 miles an hour and was not hit by a tractor trailer. My commute is a long drive on congested highways. I could have been killed. I have been having issues with the vehicle for a while. I recently had some work done to the car and bought Nissan parts, I bought 4 spark plugs and all 4 were broken/defective. I have had this car for 2 years and have major issues with it in that short span of time.

- White Lake, NY, USA

Jan 132012

Rogue

From day one I have had nothing but problems out of my Rogue. It won't crank half the time and then it started stalling on the interstate. While trying to go over hills or trying to accelerate the rpms would rev up but the vehicle would lose speed. I would start out going over a hill doing 75 mph and by the time I reached the top of the hill I was doing 60 mph. The car actually stalled in the middle of a four way intersection and after being driven for 30 or so miles the vehicle would start missing on the interstate. I brought the vehicle to the dealership and the transmission was replaced. This has solved the speed control/stalling problem, but the new transmission doesn't want to shift gears. I was told this was an upgraded transmission with two gears and that it would shift different from a regular transmission.

- Campti, LA, USA

Jun 182010

Rogue

After a period of highway driving (1+ hour), vehicle will not accelerate after coming to a stop. When stopping the first time after driving at highway speeds, vehicle will accelerate S-L-O-w-L-Y when gas pedal is pressed to floor. RPM's will increase to 2000-3000 and the vehicle will reach approximately 15 mph after 5-8 seconds. Once the vehicle reaches approximately 15 mph it seems to "kick into gear" and will accelerate normally from that point. This event happens virtually every time after driving at highway speed for a period of time and stopping after exiting the highway, or stopping on the highway due to traffic congestion.

- San Francisco, CA, USA

Sep 042010

Rogue

I had just gotten on to northbound right-hand lane of the whitestone bridge in NY when traffic stopped. Then the vehicle would not accelerate when I attempted to move with the traffic. The engine was still running. I stepped on the gas, but the rpms didn't advance and the engine didn't rev up. The car started to roll backwards as this area of the bridge is on an incline. I braked, applied the emergency brake, put on flashers and shut the ignition. I called 911 for help.

- Kings Park, NY, USA

Sep 012010

Rogue

The contact owns a 2010 Nissan Rogue. The contact stated that the vehicle would not accelerate after coming to a complete stop. The rpms increase but the vehicle would not move forward. The dealer was contacted and the vehicle will be repaired. The failure and current mileages were approximately 3100.

- Lindenhurst , NY, USA

Aug 112010

Rogue

The contact owns a 2010 Nissan Rogue. The contact stated that after driving out of a toll booth the vehicle would not accelerate. The dealer checked the vehicle and stated that it was functioning normally. The dealer decided to replace the transmission at no charge to the contact after it was inspected by a Nissan engineer. The current and failure mileages were 2800.

- Middle Valley , NY, USA