2010 Nissan Rogue fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Nissan Rogue:

2010 Nissan Rogue Owner Comments

Sep 242016

I was driving on the highway at about 75 mph for around 30-40 minutes when the car stopped accelerating and began decelerating. I had my foot all the way down on the gas peddle and it just kept losing speed. Lucikly I was able to coast into the right lane, because I wanted to get into the breakdown lane when the car finally began to accelerate again. The car began acting normal after that until I got off the exit ramp about 10 mins later. I stopped at the end of the ramp and when it was my turn to go the car had again no power. My foot was pushing the gas peddle to the floor and the car just began to roll, I quickly had to turn on my hazard lights and roll to the side of the road. My husband and I waited for a few moments and then the car drove normal. This has happened a few times to me now, always after driving on the highway for about 30-45 mins. I have been looking online and have seen many complaints about this same issue, but Nissan refuses to file any kind of recall. I have owned a few Nissan but after this, and reading all the complaints about the same problem this is my last one. I could have killed myself or someone else if this had caused an accident. It seems to me that everyone driving a Rogue is driving a ticking bomb since you have no idea when this is going to happen. This needs to be addressed and investigated as to why Nissan is not fixing an issue that they know exists. Do they care that little about the safety of their customers.

- Middletown, CT, USA

May 122016

My vehicle gas guage ran out of gas with 3 bars showing. Very dangerous

- Rancho Cucamonga, CA, USA

Dec 092015

My nissa Rogue have a transmission replaced back on 6/18/2014 when I was 10 hours away from home now here in town my car doesn't want to pass 10 mph and it does a horrible sound when the gas is push to go is so unsafe. I have to stop driving right them.

- Brentwood, TN, USA

May 252015

After driving about an hour, the cvt no longer works and the car will not accelerate, even if you put the pedal to the floor. It will not go above 2,000 rpms and if you go up a hill you will lose accelerations. This happens frequently after an hour or more of driving. The only way to temporarily fix the issue is to turn the car off for a while. It has almost caused major accidents on the highway.

- Maryland Heights, MO, USA

May 162015

While driving on the interstate at 75 mph on a hot day 90 degrees. I was using max A/C. car was fine and suddenly felt sluggish and wouldn't accelerate. I pulled off at next available exit, after a complete stop the car refused to move then suddenly accelerated slowly similar to when an abrupt brake is applies and car moves very slowly (extremely dangerous condition all the rouges have) I shut off the A/C and let car rest for 5 minutes then got back on the highway, although feeling sluggish I arrived at my destination. On my ride home several hours later I did not use A/C and outside temps had dropped to mid 70, the car appeared fine. I will note that this problem also occurred 2 years earlier in the summer of 2013 at 87,000 miles during another long highway trip driving in high temps. In this case I cancelled trip and brought car to the dealer after cool down period, the problem didn't present itself, no dash lights or codes same as previous. The dealer charged me $1800 to change dirty transmission fluid. Problem is back again at 112,000 miles. There is a serious problem with these cars that is "dangerous". had I needed to come to an abrupt stop on the highway I would not be able to move out of the way and as a separate issue when you abruptly brake the car can't get out of it's own way and has scared me several times.

- Carmel, NY, USA

May 162015

Car failed to accelerate while on the highway going 70mph. This is a very dangerous, precarious place for Nissan to put drivers as they attempt to accelerate on the highway. This transmission problem is in need of a recall before lives are lost.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Sep 242014

Rogue 4-cyl

The fuel gauge does not register any change in the amount of fuel for the first 110 miles then registers a drop by one bar and then after a few miles returns to full. The fuel gauge then remains full until about 180 miles when it finally registers any loss, but not accurately.

- Victorville, CA, USA

Apr 072014

Rogue 4-cyl

Going at freeway speed...could not accelerate, neither to pass nor to recover from having to slow down for traffic. When pressing down the gas pedal, nothing happened: No acceleration and no increase in RPM. First time it happened, I was going up a hill. Now it happens any time I have been driving for 30 minutes or more, flat road or incline. The car does fine initially and during normal stop and go city driving for short durations. Thought perhaps it was a clogging in fuel injectors, so cleaned them out to no avail. Dealer says they "can find nothing wrong." This is a dangerous flaw that needs to be corrected by Nissan!!!!

- Rancho Cordova, CA, USA

Aug 012014

The contact owns a 2010 Nissan Rogue. While driving approximately 20 mph, the slip and vehicle dynamic control off warning indicators illuminated. When the contact depressed the accelerator pedal, the RPM increased but the vehicle failed to accelerate over 20 mph. The failure occurred on multiple occasions. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who stated that the brakes operated as normal and suggested using a fuel injector or cleaner to resolve the failure. A fuel injector was used, but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 53,000.

- Westampton, NJ, USA

Jul 192012

After driving approx 200 miles, fuel gauge reads full for gas tank. Is not reducing the reading of the gas remaining to fill up accurately. There have been emails with this problem on this model since 2008, most recently a specific one had to be changed 3 times.

- Dania Beach, FL, USA