2011 Nissan Rogue electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Nissan Rogue:

2011 Nissan Rogue Owner Comments

Aug 142016

The contact owns a 2011 Nissan Rogue. The contact stated that the vehicle stalled several times and failed to accelerate upon coming to a stop. The vehicle was to be inspected by a dealer and a mechanic. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 75,000.

- Doylestown, PA, USA

Oct 162014

Whenever you open the rear passenger door on the drivers side the trunk opens on its own, I found out about this because the light on the dashboard would turn on at first I couldn't understand why but soon discovered that the trunk door was open and it happen every time you open that specific rear passenger door on drivers side. It is unsafe because I do carry items in the back like groceries and such and if I wouldn't of found out about this someone behind me could have been hurt due to this.where I bought the vehicle I did let them know and they fixed it but not even a year has passed and it started to occur again I'm not sure if there is something wrong electronically or how these two doors are connected but it occurs every single time you open that specific door.

- Houston, TX, USA

Nov 162015

Whenever I am driving on the highway, and my vehicle is on cruise; the cruise mechanism drops off and the speed starts to decline. Yesterday, the vehicle went all the way down to zero and the vehicle just coasted along the side of the highway. Once the battery was disconnected and reconnected; the vehicle will run again, but the reset only lasts for about a day or so. This has been happening to my vehicle when travel involves long distances since 2013 now. Yesterday, was the first day the speed went all the way down and the vehicle began coasting along the highway.

- Portland, TX, USA

Aug 232014

On July 23, 2015, I was driving home at 35 miles per hour and suddenly my vehicle stalled lights flashed on dash board. I turned everything off and attempted to restart it and only heard a trembling noise and clicking of the dashboard. In 1 hour I was able to start the car after getting it jumped. Battery was tested by dealer on July 22,2015 right before I purchased my Rogue 2011( used). Second incident happened in parking lot of a store where I parked to shop on July 31st,2015. I was unable to restart my vehicle until it got jumped again. This vehicle passed all inspections at the dealer and should have no problems with battery, however it is appearing that ipdm is faulty and could cause a crash and even death of my family anytime this happens again while I'm driving this vehicle. Please start recall so no one dies due to this problem!

- Bellevue, WA, USA

Feb 082015

The contact owned a 2011 Nissan Rogue. The horn sounded while the vehicle was in park. Upon further inspection, the contact noticed that the vehicle was full of black smoke and caught fire. The fire department was able to extinguish the fire. A police report was filed. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was included in NHTSA campaign number: 15V034000 (electrical system). The failure mileage was 70,000.

- Warrensville Heights , OH, USA

Feb 262015

The contact owns a 2011 Nissan Rogue. While the vehicle was undergoing routine maintenance, the technician stated that the brake lights failed to illuminate. The technician stated that the failure occurred due to water leakage that caused an electrical shortage. The contact was made aware of NHTSA campaign number: 15V032000 (electrical system), however, the VIN was not associated. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 33,200.

- Brooklyn , NY, USA

Feb 202015

Rogue 4-cyl

The vehicle caught fire while parked overnight in a garage. The entire vehicle was engulfed in smoke and much of the interior driver's side melted with the heat. My family woke in the middle of the night to the sound of the horn continuously blaring. We discovered a smoldering fire inside the car which was extinguished by the fire department. The vehicle was removed from our property and is believed to be a total loss. We later discovered a recently-issued recall for corrosion of the electrical harness below the floor mats, causing a short in the electrical panel - this appears to be the cause of the incident but it is currently under investigation by our insurance company and Nissan North America.

- Portsmouth, NH, USA

Jan 302015

Rogue 4-cyl

The radio back up camera air conditioning and heating are shorting out.

- Amherst, TX, USA

Feb 082015

The contact owns a 2011 Nissan Rogue. The contact stated that the vehicle caught fire due to the electrical system. The specifics of the failure experienced were not available. The fire department was able to extinguish the fire. A police report was filed and no injuries were reported. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and stated that the VIN was included in NHTSA campaign number: 15V032000 (electrical system). The failure mileage was 72,000.

- Warrensville Heights, OH, USA

Jan 192015

The contact owns a 2011 Nissan rouge. The contact stated that the air bag warning light would sporadically flash. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, where it was diagnosed that the OCS control unit needed to be replaced. The contact stated that the vehicle was exhibiting the same failure listed in NHTSA campaign number: 08V521000 (air bags, electrical system); however, the VIN was not included. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 40,234.

- Aiea, HI, USA

Nov 242014

Rogue 4-cyl

Backing out of the drive way the power steering would make a noise and momentarily catch. This happened for about10 days and I took it to my car repair shop and the power steering fluid was leaking on the inside of the vehicle and the electronic control panel was malfunctioning. I was told I needed a new electronic column assembly. I had it toed to the Nissan dealer.

- Pasco, WA, USA

Sep 262013

Rogue 8-cyl

On September 26, 2013 I had brought my 2011 Nissan Rogue car in for service because my rear right door was not locking/unlocking properly, as it turned out the latch was defective, it was replaced. Two months later, I returned to the dealership because the driver''s door was having problems locking/unlocking. As it turned out that latch was defective as well. (that latch was replaced on December 3, 2013.) during this visit I asked that all the doors be checked (while under warranty) because it seemed that perhaps this was a defect in the car''s manufacturing. My warranty has since expired as of may, 2014 and two months later in August, 2014 the rear driver''s door and now the front passenger''s door are malfunctioning. (doors have to be open/closed and locked/unlocked manually.) this not only is a burden, but as a single women it is a security risk not only to my person but to the vehicle itself. I had contacted dealership on both of these issues at the time of the malfunctions, and they had advised me that they can only repair the problem at my expense since the warranty has since run out. (needless to say, I really don'T understand the dealership''s position on this issue concerning the problems leading up to a total malfunctioning of locking/unlocking system, since it has been an ongoing issue and well documented problem at their dealership.)

- Cote St. Luc, NY, USA

Aug 142013

Rogue 4-cyl

I bought this car new, I have 2 years with the car and my battery is broken.

- Bakersfield, CA, USA

Jan 162012

Rogue 4-cyl

I am scared to drive my Rogue 2011 after having several serious problems with my car. The first incident happened in January 2012. I just pulled out into oncoming traffic when my car felt heavy and dragging as I pushed on the accelerator. I was pushing down hard on the gas and the car was barely moving. Then it died in the middle of the intersection. This put me in a dangerous situation. It was towed to the dealer and repaired. The second incident took place 4 days later. The same exact thing happened again, but this time I was able to pull over to the side of the road before the car died. I had it towed to the dealer for repairs again. On February 3, 2012 I was driving on the highway when the engine light came on and my car began shaking and vibrating. I drove somewhere safe and then had it towed to the dealer. I am hoping the car will be recalled because I am afraid to drive my car and I don't have any other transportation. This is not normal to have such serious problems with a new car.

- Burke, VA, USA