2011 Nissan Rogue engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Nissan Rogue:

2011 Nissan Rogue Owner Comments

Sep 212016

The contact owns a 2011 Nissan Rogue. While driving approximately 30 mph, the transmission went into safe mode. The rpms increased and the vehicle was difficult to accelerate. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 98,000.

- Covington, OH, USA

Jul 222016

Car won't accelerate on freeway after driving for an hour. Also doesn't accelerate after leaving freeway and at a stop light. Scary and almost got into an accident

- Scottsdse, AZ, USA

Jun 122016

At 67,000 both cv boots are blown, had to replace, now the cvt issue with the transmission, no acceleration, transmission gears reverse and drive, I want a refund. I purchased this used car 1 year and 3 months ago. Unsafe I have my children in the car. Vehicle can be at 60 mph, and then drop to nothing with no warning. I want a full refund of the purchase price I paid for it I am terrified to keep driving

- Seward, NE, USA

Oct 312015

I was driving home from a out of town trip and all of sudden lost power to accelerate. I couldn't not get any speed and cars were driving up behind me about to hit me and my family. I couldn't not accelerate enough to pull over. Nissan advised it was the cvt transmission which they are not recalling. This is dangerous.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Aug 232014

On July 23, 2015, I was driving home at 35 miles per hour and suddenly my vehicle stalled lights flashed on dash board. I turned everything off and attempted to restart it and only heard a trembling noise and clicking of the dashboard. In 1 hour I was able to start the car after getting it jumped. Battery was tested by dealer on July 22,2015 right before I purchased my Rogue 2011( used). Second incident happened in parking lot of a store where I parked to shop on July 31st,2015. I was unable to restart my vehicle until it got jumped again. This vehicle passed all inspections at the dealer and should have no problems with battery, however it is appearing that ipdm is faulty and could cause a crash and even death of my family anytime this happens again while I'm driving this vehicle. Please start recall so no one dies due to this problem!

- Bellevue, WA, USA

Sep 022014

This incident has occurred twice in exactly the same manner: I was stopped at a red light; when the light changed, and I pressed on the accelerator, there was no response as the car rolled into the middle of the intersection. I pushed several times as traffic waited behind me. Suddenly it "caught, " the power returned, and I was able to continue (the engine did not rev when the accelerator was pressed). Like others, I am extremely concerned (as are those who commute with me), about being caught in the middle of a busy intersection and hit broad-sided. We took the vehicle to the dealership which was unable to identify the problem. This vehicle also has a problem with a blinking air-bag warning light (began in Oct.) which we tried to have fixed at the same time. The dealership reset it, but upon driving out the of the lot, it began blinking again. We were told it was a "possible intermittent problem with air bag module or spiral cable, " an expensive repair which has not been completed yet.

- Pioneer, CA, USA

Dec 182013

Rogue 4-cyl

Traveling on interstate from columbia, SC to clinton, SC 2011 Nissan Rogue began loosing power and would not maintain highway speed when climbing hills. With accelerator pushed to floor vehicle speed dropped from 70 down to 50-55 on inclines. Deceleration continued as long as vehicle was on incline. Speed increased when vehicle crested hill. Pulled over, checked transmission fluid and allowed vehicle to cool. Once vehicle cooled problem corrected and we were able to return to columbia. Took vehicle to dick smith Nissan in lexington SC for repair. Dealer was unable to recreate problem and indicated no codes indicated. Problem recurred in May 2014 when returning to lexington, SC from charleston. After approximately 45 minutes at highway speed (70-75 mph) problem re-occurred. Same symptoms - loss of acceleration on inclines - caused vehicle to drop from traffic and unable to maintain safe speed. Pulled over at rest area - checked vehicle. Again reported problem to dealer but unable to recreate problem. October 2014 - problem recurred traveling from lexington to atlanta. Same symptoms loss of power and speed on uphill grade - unable to maintain highway speed. Exited highway at augusta after 1 hour on interstate. When tried to turn left from stop off of exit ramp -pushed accelerator - vehicle started forward and then lost power in intersection blocking two lanes of cross traffic. Vehicle crept through intersection very lucky we were not struck by cross traffic. Plan to return vehicle to dealer again.

- Lexington, SC, USA

Jun 272014

Rogue 6-cyl

I was traveling down I-95 with the flow of traffic at a speed of 75 -78 mph from Maryland to Georgia, somewhere along North Carolina my engine started to loose acceleration. It did not die out. I had to pull over because it would not go over 60 mph with the gas peddle press all the way down. Once I turn the rouge off and waited about 5 minutes I heard a click and started it vehicle up and drove with no problems until I was about a 100 miles from Georgia and had to do it all over again. There was no codes lights and I still put a reader on it and nothing showed up. It has been puzzling if you accelerate for to long and the vehicle slows down in traffic.

- Columbia, MD, USA

Jun 142013

Rogue 4-cyl

Coming home from long (06/2013) trip; high volume traffic highway car started vibrating & would not accelerate with no warning lights. It would not pick up speed and it slowed down, stalling drastically & pulled aside to turned car off and let the car cool but the car would not turn back on. The windows and radio would work but the engine would stall and not turn on. Waited 20 min the car turned on again. Reported the problem to Nissan service & they stated the brake switch need replacement; was replaced. On (11/13) & coming home the issued started again. The engine vibrated, stalled, & not accelerate. Reported to Nissan service and they found no issues. Third, time 07/2014 same issue service looked at the car; found a service bulletin stating 08-12 Rogues have cvt failure when driving 65 mph and higher, temp of 96 degree or higher; climbing steep or extended hills for 6 or more miles, & whine or rattle noise reducing engine performance. Told the part would be ordered; after 2 weeks service stated part is back order and not sure when will be in. I reported to Corp & they stated the part is not available due to back order til the end of September 2014. Told Nissan I fear for my life & family when taking long drives & been renting car; if they would reimburse or provide another vehicle while the part comes in they stated no they do not reimburse or provide rental. How can Nissan know about this issue and risk the lives of family. Are they waiting for something massive and dangerous to happen before they take action! I am paying for a unsafe care while Nissan is aware of the problem & is not taking proper action.we have daily responsibility to do & driving unsafe car is scary! Nissan fast to call of payments a miss one but they are not fast to fix this dangerous issues! people who have Rogues needs to be aware of this problem & Nissan needs to recall this part.

- West Lawn, PA, USA

Apr 202014

Rogue 4-cyl

Was driving my 2011 rouge home on a 120 mile trip on the interstate and after about and hour of driving the call suddenly refused to accelerate past 3000 RPM. There was about 20 miles between exists and this became a safety concern while trying to climb an incline; the car decelerated from 70 mph to 45 mph and I could not do enough to get out of the way of other traffic. After 15 miles or so of driving, it returned to normal. It has since occurred 3 more times while driving on the interstate for trips over an hour. I took it to a Nissan dealership on 4/21/14 and was told they couldn't do anything because no codes were produced.

- Bloomsburg, PA, USA

Aug 272013

Rogue 4-cyl

On numerous occasions when trying to accelerate the car will lose power to the point it almost fills as if it will shut off. Usually happens when starting off on a grade or slowing for a turn then pushing the gas pedal. The car also shudders and feels like it chugging or wobbling along, as if the road it lumpy. I have seen numerous complaints on the issue, but no recall or service bulletins have been issued. When it almost completely loses power its very scary, as it has happened while trying to merge onto the interstate. I have a young child and it has put us both in danger more than once since buying the car used in July 2013.

- Columbia, SC, USA

Apr 052011

Rogue 4-cyl

Since April of 2011 (vehicle was 4 months old) I have had my car into Nissan for auto lights not functioning (not shutting off when in daylight), my ipod turns on when the audio is off and the electronic driver seat moves forward by itself. This has been reported and "serviced" more than 10 times already and each time it is "cannot reproduce although they see it happening. The last incident was Saturday, 12/14/12 when the setting on the dash changed by themselves and my trunk would not open with the ignition on. On Sunday morning, my car engine was locked and my smart key nor the regular key would unlock the steering column. I was out of state when it occurred and had to have it towed to a dealer in ct, I live in NY. Now they claim that all the above was caused by a undersized battery. They installed a 700amp in my car now standard battery that came with the car is 575 amp. What is wrong with this picture" how can they say this is the issue. How can they manufacture cars with undersized batteries and not have it on a recall or issues list anywhere" even the dealer in Connecticut was puzzled. I cannot say iof this is going to fix the problem, but I can tell you, I will not take this lying down. Nissan Consumer Affairs is totally useless and there is no consumer in this department, they are a waste of time. I filed two complaints 8 months apart regarding the same issues # 7274639 and 10257638. Both went unresolved and ignored., they keep claiming they are within their warranty guidelines. What guidelines - the vehicle is an obvious lemon. Not sure how to file for the lemon law or act on this as this car is unsafe and unreliable. Any help would be appreciated.

- Melville, NY, USA