2011 Nissan Rogue engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Nissan Rogue:

2011 Nissan Rogue Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

May 232012

Rogue

The contact owns a 2011 Nissan Rogue. The contact stated while the vehicle independently decelerated. The vehicle also failed to accelerate. The vehicle was taken to a dealership for diagnostic testing. The dealer stated the engine was consuming an excessive amount of transmission fluid causing the vehicle to shift into fail safe mode. The dealer replaced the transmission dip stick meter and reduced the transmission level. The vehicle was repaired; however, the failure recurred. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware the failure. The failure mileage was 50,000. The current mileage was 72,000.

- Boulder , CO, USA

May 082012

Rogue

The contact owns a 2011 Nissan Rogue. The contact stated that while attempting to park, the vehicle lunged forward and crashed into the vehicle parked in front of her. A police report was filed and no injuries were reported. The vehicle was towed to the dealer, who had not yet been able to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileages were 18,000.

- Columbia, MD, USA

Jan 162012

Rogue 4-cyl

I am scared to drive my Rogue 2011 after having several serious problems with my car. The first incident happened in January 2012. I just pulled out into oncoming traffic when my car felt heavy and dragging as I pushed on the accelerator. I was pushing down hard on the gas and the car was barely moving. Then it died in the middle of the intersection. This put me in a dangerous situation. It was towed to the dealer and repaired. The second incident took place 4 days later. The same exact thing happened again, but this time I was able to pull over to the side of the road before the car died. I had it towed to the dealer for repairs again. On February 3, 2012 I was driving on the highway when the engine light came on and my car began shaking and vibrating. I drove somewhere safe and then had it towed to the dealer. I am hoping the car will be recalled because I am afraid to drive my car and I don't have any other transportation. This is not normal to have such serious problems with a new car.

- Burke, VA, USA

Sep 192011

Rogue

The contact owns a 2011 Nissan Rogue. While applying the brakes, the contact placed the gear shifter in park and the vehicle suddenly accelerated abnormally. The contact crashed into a concrete wall and the air bags deployed, causing bumps and bruises to the contact's left leg, groin and chest area. The police reported to the scene and a report was filed. The vehicle was towed to an auto body shop. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and stated an engineer would inspect the vehicle. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 4,875.

- Langhorne, PA, USA

Jul 192011

Rogue

I was on my way to work and had entered our parking lot and was ready to pull into a parking space. As I pulled in and was at a stop, my car suddenly accelerated and I was unable to stop it. I started to turn the wheel to the right because there was a 2010 Ford Explorer that was parked in front but unfortunately I hit the back end of the car and pushed it at least 30 ft dead straight. My car continued going to the right and over a island and by the time I got it to stop the air bag had gone off. I'm not sure how this happened since I was stopped, there were two witnesses that saw my vehicle stopped and the next thing it accelerated. I know my foot was on the brake because I was stopped and ready to exit the vehicle but it would not stop. This is a brand new car only 2 months old with a little over 1000 miles. I have grandchildren that ride with me and after my vehicle gets repaired I would be affraid to drive this. I am thankful that other than bruises I am ok and that it did not happen on a major street.

- Wheeling, IL, USA

Jun 032011

Rogue 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2011 Nissan Rogue. The contact stated while driving in bumper to bumper traffic uphill and having his foot on the brake the vehicle began rolling backwards. He applied pressure to the brakes several times but it failed to stop the vehicle. In addition, he stated that while driving into the garage with his foot on the brakes the vehicle suddenly accelerated. He was able to stop the vehicle applying pressure to the brake pedal. The vehicle was taken to a dealer who was unable to duplicate the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the problem and referred him to the dealer who advised him to have a diagnostic test performed. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 3,030 and current mileage was 3,078. Updated 07/08/11 the consumer stated the vehicle was taken to another dealer and there was no matching of conditions at which the defect occurred. It was the consumers opinion that the diagnostic testing would not pick up the defective component unless the operating temperature reached the temperature the time of braking releasing. All the components that can release pressure to the pads should be examined, such as the sensors, anti-lock device, anti-skid device and the device that releases pressure to the pads. The consumer also believed the reason for dealer not finding the defect, was because the tires were over-inflated by the dealer. Updated 08/16/11 updated 08/23/11. The consumer stated the sudden acceleration occurred again as he was entering his driveway. The vehicle accelerated as he took his foot the accelerator and tried to apply the brake about six feet from the garage door, but the pedal went to the floor. Updated 04/17/12.

- Savage, MN, USA