2011 Nissan Rogue fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Nissan Rogue:

2011 Nissan Rogue Owner Comments

Sep 022013

Car will stop accelerating after driving for 45-60 minutes. Loud whining noises constantly. Nissan has replaced the alternator and the serpentine belt and it still happens. I have taken the car back more than 8 times and they will not fix it!! please help! I've almost been hit more than 5 times with my two children in the car because of these issues.

- Douglasville, GA, USA

Jul 042015

Was driving at high speed on the interstate with cruise engaged. Cruise would abruptly disengage causing the speed to fall rapidly, and accelerator would cease to work with gas pedal pushed to the floor. Would also decrease speed when climbing hills. Near collision took place and this is my family car in which I always have two young children with me. This happened on more then one occasion and would result in my having to pull off to the side of the road to turn the car off and reset the vehicle. This problem is going to get someone hurt or killed. Problem persisted and left me stranded in an intersection as well. Dealer says it's the trans cooler failing to keep the transmission from overheating and needs to be replaced. Repair will cost between $1100 and $1300. Called Consumer Affairs at Nissan and they have decided it's normal wear and tear on the vehicle that has caused this. This vehicle was purchased brand new four years ago and only has 72,000 miles. That response is unacceptable. Had I know the tranny would fail within that time I never would have purchased this vehicle. My recommendation, do not buy a Nissan. They do not stand behind their product. All models of Rogue before this had their cvt warranties doubled to 120,000 miles because of this problem so why not the 2011? it's the same exact problem! extremely unhappy and will be fighting this. I will be contacting the BBB and my lawyer. If you're having this problem then file a complaint. These vehicles should be recalled. I will never buy another Nissan again, and will boycott them till the end of time. Poor vehicle, poor service, poor response to consumer's. steer clear if you're smart!

- Springville, AL, USA