2.5

2012 Nissan Rogue fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Nissan Rogue:

2012 Nissan Rogue Owner Comments

Nov 162016

Rogue

On November 10, 2016 I noticed that my 2012 Nissan Rogue gas gauge is off. Even with a full tank of gas, the gauge will read the tank as below the full level. At times it will show the tank as 3/4. today (November 16, 16) my car was taken to the dealership it was purchased brand new to be seen for this problem. The service team informed me that no error codes were being thrown on their computer. I tried to explain that I know something is faulty with the fuel gauge. I fill the car up with gas and the gauge stays at 3/4 of a tank. It does not move, letting me know when I am full or empty on gas. The service department tried to sell me on the idea that the Rogue just has "great gas mileage". nothing has or will be done to resolve this issue.

- London, KY, USA

Jun 222016

Rogue

Acceleration of vehicle after driving for over 40 minutes is reduced greatly. Attempts to accelerate after highway driving creates a major hazard when vehicle does not allow to safely move into traffic. Attempting to accelerate, vehicle does not respond when trying to safely enter trtaffic

- Londonderry, NH, USA

Jul 272015

Rogue

The only problem I have is regarding the fuel gauge reading incorrectly. For example a full tank will give me a range of 235 mpg, while it should be over 300 mpg. I have 2012 Nissan Rogue AWD. 2nd test with the tank has 3/4 of a tank and the range was around 189 mpg. I went to Nissan dealer and tested same year and model with half of a tank and gave me 165 mpg. Dealer are aware of this issue and there is no recall on it. Quote for repair: $119. To diagnose. $420. For sender unit and sub-sender unit (vehicle is AWD) and $263. For labor. There should be a recall on it to fix that issue and not to charge people hundreds of dollars.

- Ozone Park, NY, USA