2013 Nissan Rogue body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Nissan Rogue:

2013 Nissan Rogue Owner Comments

Jul 012014

Rogue

The interior handle on the rear passenger door does not allow the door to be opened; the door can only be opened from the outside handle. There is a component on the inside (hidden when looking at the door handle) that is broken. This is a safety issue in an emergency, as the backseat passenger must rely on someone to open their door in order to exit the car. The handle opened until about a year of use; we were in park, the engine was off, and we realized the rear door couldn't be opened from the interior. Ever since, this door can only be opened from the outside handle. The door handle has not been abused; this resulted from normal use.

- Granville, OH, USA

Aug 012015

Rogue

The contact owns a 2013 Nissan Rogue. The contact stated that the front driver's and front passenger's side doors unlock and lock without warning. The contact stated that the rear hatch failed to unlock. The contact mentioned that the failures progressed during rain weather. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who stated the vehicle was included in NHTSA campaign number: 15V032000 (electrical system) and that if corrosion was found on the driver side floor near the harness connector that it could be causing the failure for the locks/linkages. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 38,900.

- Bridgeport, OH, USA

Apr 102016

Rogue

2013 Nissan Rogue caught on fire less than 10 minutes after it was parked in driveway, after a short trip running errands. Vehicle was not running when fire began. Initially, smoke began to escape from under hood then quickly caught on fire. Entire front end of vehicle burned before fire was extinguished.

- Royse City, TX, USA

Mar 062016

Rogue

I was visiting family in Arizona with my daughter (who is 100% handicap). My mother was in the back seat with my daughter. My father in the front passenger seat with me. Child locks on and all doors locked as the car was in motion, stopped at a red light, got a green light to turn left, was making the turn and my daughter's door (right rear passenger door) flew open. My mother had to grab my daughter. I stopped in the middle of the road in phoenix, father jumped out of the vehicle, checked my daughter and the door and the child lock was still on. I called Nissan and have an appointment but of course they have told me that they have never heard of this situation but to bring it in.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

May 162015

Rogue

On Saturday, May 16th heading on the 91 East by bellflower, ca. Frwy I was driving and when a sudden stop I found it hard to make a stop because the brake felt as if it sunk in. I unfortunately hit a truck in front of me. The vehicle did not receive any damage but my Nissan 2013 Rogue did. I took pictures to show the damage. At the time of the accident, I was very concerned because the air bags did not deploy. The vehicle did receive a front impact but the air bags had no reaction to the hit. At the time of the accident I rode with my 3 children ages, 18, 15 and 11 and my fiancÉ. prior to this happening I took the vehicle to get it's maintenance and after this happening I was sure that the vehicle felt very different. It was almost as if it would accelerate and the brakes kept sinking in with having a delay in making a full stop. The vehicle is currently in a body shop through my insurance and I do not recall the mileage? this is very concerning and has been ever since receiving the recall letter regarding the possible electrical problem that might set a fire. Please advise/help. Thank you!

- Compton, CA, USA

Nov 162013

Rogue

Appox. 40 miles a hour, I opened rear driver window or rear passenger window the car started to shake. At 50 miles an hour the car shuck violently and my hears experienced pain. I feel this is a unsafe condition and I was never told about or warned not to open the back windows if going 40 or faster in town or on the highway!

- Makawao, HI, USA