2.7

2013 Nissan Rogue drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Nissan Rogue:

2013 Nissan Rogue Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Aug 312014

Rogue 4-cyl

Traveling from NY to pa 2 hr trip 112miles 287S to I78W all highway speed limit 65mph travel 70mph toward the end of the trip lost all power pedal to floor transmission whining had to pull over from the left lane over to the right lane shoulder with out having an accident, went to check the transmission fluid and noticed white smoke coming form the dip stick fluid seem to be ok, let it cool down for about 15min started the vehicle and it ran like nothing happened got to my destination weird coming had no problem, so I took it to the dealer on Sept. 6, 2014 and they found the noise coming from the transmission as well as an ABS code in the system C1106 cleared the code road tested the vehicle said vehicle was normal, other problems found were mid exhaust cat replaced and rear differential coupler replaced, this is part 1 of 3.

- Monroe, NY, USA

Aug 282014

Rogue 4-cyl

I pulled out onto route 125 in plaistow, nh at a set of traffic lights and there were cars coming up quick behind me when all of a sudden I went over the drainage in the road I lost all power and started slowing down I had no control of my gas pedal, my car wouldn't go it was just slowing down fast. It was scary I almost got rear ended. When this happened I noticed my traction control light lit up blinking. I have read many horror stories about similar situations and notified the dealership and they cant replicate it so wont do anything about it. I could have been hit hard bc I was just going along when all of a sudden my car pretty much almost stopped in the middle of the road, no brakes, nothing. The dealer has offered to take my car for a period of time to drive and give me one in the meantime to try and see if they can make it happen again. This is something that is serious, especially when in fast moving traffic and this was to happen to me or anyone with this car again.

- Newton, NH, USA

Nov 012013

Rogue 4-cyl

A day before the incident, the malfunction light came on in my car on the dashboard. The next day, about one mile from home, I stopped on a hill at a traffic light with several cars ahead of me. When the light turned green, I moved my foot from the brake pedal to the accelerator and the car started rolling backward. It would not go into drive even though the gear was in drive. After trying once more unsuccessfully to get the car to move forward, I put the car in park, put on my flashers and turned the engine off. I restarted the car, and put the gear in drive and it went forward but somewhat haltingly. I slowly proceeded to the Nissan dealer about 2 miles away. Each time I stopped at a traffic light, the engine sounded funny. Today, the Nissan dealer informed me that there is an electrical problem in the transmission that they can't repair. Nissan usa is replacing the transmission under warranty. I find this outrageous that a newly purchased car of 5 months with less than 5, 000 miles has a defective transmission.

- Chevy Chase, MD, USA

Jul 172013

Rogue

The contact owns a 2013 Nissan Rogue. The contact stated that while driving approximately 40 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the power transmission needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The vehicle was repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 500 and the current mileage was 1500.

- Bowie, MD, USA

Nov 142012

Rogue 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2013 Nissan Rogue. The contact stated that the front of the vehicle would shake when driving various speeds. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer where it was determined that the cvt transmission caused the vibration. The contact stated that the vehicle would rock when driving 4-6 mph and then even out until the vehicle reached 40 mph and began shaking erratically. The manufacturer was contacted but stated that the failure was normal when driving 80 mph and above. No further assistance was provided. The failure mileage was 5 and the current mileage was 12,000. Updated 08/27/13 the consumer stated the entire vehicle vibrated and various speeds.

- Land O Lakes, FL, USA