2013 Nissan Rogue miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Nissan Rogue:

2013 Nissan Rogue Owner Comments

Jul 202016

I recently bought my Rogue at the auto nation Nissan dealership in marietta. I began my first long distance trip back home on the hwy and the car began to lose speed. I had to stop on the side of the interstate to properly assess the situation. Figured it could have been just a fluke, began to get back on the road and with my foot all the way down on the floor, the car would barely run. Called Nissan dealership and the service manager suggests that I turn my car off and let it sit because it's overheating due to ga weather. Now, it is hot, but there are millions of cars in ga that don't have to sit every hour you're on the road. He said after then, to just drive on the hwy at about 60mph. Sir this is the interstate. Not possible. People will run over you. Took it right back to Nissan and a few days later, they stated to me that there was nothing they could do. They did not properly assess the situation as the service manager told me that he drove it on the city streets. I get online and research only to find that others are having the same issues. I don't want anyone to have to go through this, Nissan needs to recall this vehicle. It is terrible. Essentially, you're paying for a glorified scooter! I need this problem taken care of immediately!

- Marietta, GA, USA

Jul 032016

While driving speed the limit of 70mph my car reduce speed to 40mph...on the highway.I could not increase the speed... I try byy pushing the paddle to the floor it still would not increase speed. Now it began to make noise as if it had a cold and the engine lite comes on. So I stop at auto one to have it check and it said that the torque converter was having problem. Since this is a major problem. I went to my mechanic..and he check everything to see what was wrong..change the oil, and all suppose to be replace. And also added a cleaning fluid to clean out any clogs and dirt... now it's been six month and once again I have the same problem with the now I take it to the dealership. Same thing...oil change and so on. I very scar now because my car is reacting badly and no one can't see the problem. So I google my problem and found that 7 people with the same problem with their Nissan rrogue. I believe this is a major problem with the making of this model car. And it's not something that can be fix without taking the transmission completely apart which will cost 3,000 and not included labor... I purchase my car two years ago it should not be acting this way and neither should the seven other people that purchase these vehicle. When will someone correct this when someone get seriously hurt.

- Morrow, GA, USA

Jun 212016

I went to use the jack provided by Nissan to change a flat tire. This was the first time the jack had ever been used. As I started to elevate the vehicle higher I noticed the jack started to bend and collapse, as the screw mechanism also started to bend. The attached photos probably do not truly show how much both the frame & screw of the jack had actually bent. I had to use another jack to get the faulty one out from under the vehicle. Afterwards with the assistance of a vice, I was able to close the defective jack and in doing so it somewhat straightened the screw and frame. The screw was severely concave, and the jack frame listed a lot with the vehicle weight. I was fortunate to be doing this on a concrete driveway at home. The emergency brake was fully engaged, the transmission was in park with the engine off, and I had wooden blocks behind the rear tires. My concern was that had this happened on the side of a road, and I didn't have a second jack; or had not noticed the bending, myself or anyone else in a similar situation could have been seriously injured. In doing an internet search afterwards, I found a number of owners who had the same problem with this particular scissor jack from the same make, model & year.

- Laporte, IN, USA

Oct 302014

Loss of power while driving and unable to keep up with traffic. Was forced to move vehicle off roadway. Behaved like not getting enough gasoline. To restore back to normal, had to shut engine off and restart engine. Weather conditions were normal with no excessive temp. Or humidity. Roadway was flat and even.

- Columbus, OH, USA

May 172016

Started 3 day ago stalling while driving down the road. The steering wheel locks up and lose power even with the accelerator all the way down. Almost got rear ended. The engine is still running but have to put in park and turn engine off and restart. Happened 4 times today on my way to work. You lose power with everything but engine still working. Called Nissan to see if there was a recall because there were a lot of complaints with this same problem and they said no. This is a very serious problem that needs to be investigated. Nissan wanted me to bring to dealership and pay $114 just to get a they said it was a fail safety which Nissan should be responsible before someone gets badly hurt or killed.

- Pass Christian, MS, USA