1. replaced leaking hose (1 reports)
2000 Nissan Sentra AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Nissan Sentra:

2000 Nissan Sentra Owner Comments

Oct 052010

Sentra 1.8L

This a car that belongs to my roommates parents and do to our Windstar transmission going out, we are blessed to drive and we are very grateful for it. Yes, it now only has 35,000 miles on it, so honestly nothing should be wrong but there is. The A/C went out in the fall of last year. We finally couldn't take it and got it fixed last week. One place tried to tell them it was their compressor, not! They charged them 200 to check the system and put freon with dye in it. I know a little about cars and there was no way I believe the compressor went out. I called around and no one would put more freon in it without running the $200 test on it again. I thought you have got to be kidding me.

After looking every where, I found a black light last week and checked for the leak. It was only a hose. The hose cost way to much 114.00, with labor they paid around 275 to replace the hose I could only get at the Nissan dealership and do the rest, but it was worth it. My gripe is with only 35,000 miles on this thing, there shouldn't be a lot to fix but there is. The back doors will not open from the inside, the cd player doesn't work and I can't get one plug on the cigarette lighter to go on and the other just doesn't work. Don't know why the one in the dash is unhook. To much stuff for something with so little miles.

- , Ocala, FL, USA