2001 Nissan Sentra accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Nissan Sentra:

2001 Nissan Sentra Owner Comments

Aug 262007

Sentra

My 2002 Nissan Sentra gxe oil dip stick broke when I was pulling it out to check my oil level. I did a search online and a lot of people have the same problem

- Davis, CA, USA

Jan 132005

Sentra 6-cyl

I changed my oil on my 2001 Nissan Sentra and when I removed the oil dipstick, the plastic handle broke off leaving a piece of the plastic handle and the dipstick lodged inside of the metal tube. I have searched other sites and have found that many other motorists have had the same problem. It costs a lot of money for a repair shop to remove the dipstick. I believe that there is a defect in using a plastic handle on an oil dipstick.

- Mastic Beach, NY, USA

Mar 062003

Sentra

I took my car to have the oil changed and in the process the oil dipstick handle broke. When I notified Nissan, I was informed by a service technician that this is a common occurrence with Nissan. We tried to retrieve the oil dipstick but to no avail. So I called Nissan and spoke with a service technician and he informed me, the oil pan would have to be dropped and "only" a Nissan service technician could perform the job. The Nissan service technician informed me that it would cost $200 to repair. The service technician also informed me during our conservation, T they were dropping the oil pan on several Nissan's with the same problem, a broken oil dipstick. I think it is unfair for the consumer to pay $200 to have an oil dipstick removed when the material or part is substandard initially. Basically what Nissan is saying is, when I get an oil change there is a "great" possibility the oil dipstick will break.

- Houston, TX, USA