3.7

2001 Nissan Sentra miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Nissan Sentra:

2001 Nissan Sentra Owner Comments

Aug 202005

Sentra 4-cyl

When I checked the oil level for my 2001 Nissan Sentra gxe, I saw the oil dipstick broken. I checked the internet to see if it is a common problem, yes it is. A lot of Nissan owners complain about the same problem which may be caused by cheap plastic top of the dipstick that fails under high engine temperature. If oil dipsticks are defective by the manufacturer, Nissan Sentra's should be recalled for fix-up.

- Syracuse, NY, USA

Feb 042005

Sentra 4-cyl

One year ago I purchased a used car from wendle @ the Y. I felt as though I was getting a good deal on my 2001 Nissan Sentra, which had acceptably low mileage. I was in the process of getting my car refinanced when the finance company called and told me they could not help me with my loan. They explained that it was obvious my Nissan's odometer had been rolled back sometime between 11/3/03 and 2/23/04. The finance company was kind enough to fax the the carfax report showing the suspected odometer rollback. With each oil change my car has had, the mileage has been documented with carfax. You can see the steady progression up to 50,693 miles on 11/3/03, yet when I bought the car on 2/7/04, the car only registered 31,675 miles. I contacted shane, the GM at wendle, on Friday 2/4; he immediately skirted around the issue trying to assure me that it must have been mistyped in the carfax report. I explained to him that you could see the mileage progression and it was obviously not a mistype. I am now left with a car that I no longer am happy with due to the fact that it has 20,000 more miles than I though and I cannot get it refinanced. Wendle is not responding in a timely manner and I would like some resolution.

- Spokane, WA, USA