1.5

2002 Nissan Sentra engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Nissan Sentra:

2002 Nissan Sentra Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Oct 152012

Sentra

I began to have trouble with my car a couple of weeks ago. I have been going through a quart of oil a day and a tank of gas in a few days. I took it to my mechanic and he found out there is a recall for my vehicle. I was never notified of this recall. I was in the marines and was stationed at several different bases. My mother?S address was also used by Nissan but she never received any information on the recall. I contacted the Nissan dealer in Norfolk ne. He told me I had to wait two weeks for them to look at it. The people I dealt with were rude and unprofessional and acted like I was an inconvenience. I did not have another vehicle and I am in school and have work so I contacted Nissan usa. After several phone calls I was able to get an appointment in sioux city ia. I had to have my vehicle towed at my expense to sioux city. They looked at my car and found out that there were shreds of metal in the engine and the engine needs to be replaced. They stated they were not going to replace the engine. They stated I have to pay for it to be replaced. In the recall they said it would be replaced at Nissan expense, a tow if necessary would be paid and a rental vehicle would be provided. None of this has happened. I would like assistance with this issue because the engine should be replaced by Nissan. I told them what was wrong and my mechanic called and told them as well. They have still are not willing to pay for the engine.

- Norfolk , NE, USA

Jun 202012

Sentra 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2002 Nissan Sentra. The contact stated that while driving 40 mph the vehicle stalled without warning. The check engine warning light was illuminated. The contact restarted the vehicle after several attempts. The vehicle was taken to a mechanic that determined that there was a manufacturing defect with the crank position sensor. The vehicle was repaired by replacing two sensors located at the top and bottom however the failure recurred. The mechanic then advised that the remedy was to reprogram the computer at an authorized dealer. The contact referenced NHTSA campaign id number: 03V455000 (engine and engine cooling) but was advised by the manufacturer that the VIN was not included. The current mileage was 170,000. The failure mileage was 150,000. Updated 8/6/12 updated 08/14/2012

- Orange , CA, USA