1. replace head gasket (2 reports)
2002 Nissan Sentra engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Nissan Sentra:

2002 Nissan Sentra Owner Comments

May 032015

Sentra GXE 1.8L I4

Engine started to misfire during initial start. Sometimes the engine light would come on, sometimes it wouldn't. When I got the code checked, there was a misfire on cylinder #3 (P0303 code). I went to go change the plugs (which was changed 30,000 miles ago) and coil packs. Before I installed the new parts, I inspected cylinder 3 after I removed the spark plug. That's when I noticed a sheen to the surface. After closer look, it was coolant. I checked the coolant reservoir and noticed in was just above min which in the past was always normal level. So, now my car has a leaky/blown head gasket. has the repair listed at $825 at a non-dealer garage. My guess it could be even closer to $1000. I have decided to not fix it and get a new car since I believe this car is not worth fixing.

- , Valparaiso, IN, USA

Jun 222011

Sentra LX 3.2L

This is way too few kilometres to need a new head gasket and should be recalled

- , Toronto, ON, canada