2003 Nissan Sentra seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Nissan Sentra:

2003 Nissan Sentra Owner Comments

Jun 242015

The contact owned a 2003 Nissan Sentra. While driving approximately 35 mph, a truck failed to obey a red light and the contact crashed into the truck. The frontal air bags did not deploy. A police report was filed and there were no injuries reported. The vehicle was destroyed and towed to an impound lot. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 125,325.

- Manchester, MD, USA

Oct 282014

Sentra 4-cyl

Can't find any information on if this vehicle is affected by the defective takata airbags!!! not even the site gives me any information!!!!!

- Marshall, MI, USA

Nov 042013

Sentra 4-cyl

I scheduled an appointment at tony Nissan in waipio, Hawaii, oahu to fix the front passenger air bag inflator recall per the notice I was mailed. (NHTSA recall 13V-136). I was informed when I made the appointment and per the recall notice I was mailed that the repair would take less than one day. Tony Nissan informed me that recall repairs were done in the mornings only M-F, and my car would be ready for pick-up in the afternoon. When I arrived at tony Nissan, after having taken off work to do so, I was informed that the recall takes two (2) days to repair and I would have to bring my car back during another weekday, hence take off another day of work. I was also told I needed 4 new tires ($810) and a new battery ($172). I never requested those repairs and was pressured by the tony Nissan representative to make an immediate decision as they did not have my tires on-site and would have to order them. A red flag immediately went off, I told them I wanted to return and pick my car up and asked them when they would be done "looking at my airbag" to see if I needed the recall repair. I was told they had no idea and I would have to wait until they called me. This was after I was told by a rep when the service appointment was made that recall repairs were only done in the mornings and my car would be ready no later than early afternoon. I cancelled the appointment. My recall repair has yet to be repaired. I lost a day of work for nothing, and apparently will need to lose 2 more work days in order to have the repair completed. I am going to try to arrange the appointment at the only other Nissan dealership on the island and hope they will be professional.

- Kapolei, HI, USA

Sep 032013

The contact owns a 2003 Nissan Sentra. The contact stated that he received NHTSA campaign number: 13V136000 (air bags). The contact stated that he called to make an appointment to have the vehicle repaired but the parts were unavailable. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified. The contact had not experienced the failure.

- Garland , TX, USA

Feb 132003

Sentra 4-cyl

Consumer was involved in a collision, and the airbags failed to deploy. Vehicle involved in collision and the air bag equipment failed to deploy.

- East Boston, MA, USA