2004 Nissan Sentra AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Nissan Sentra:

2004 Nissan Sentra Owner Comments

Dec 012009

Sentra S 1.8L

I've been having this problem with my car for about 2 years now and it is worse than ever now. When it first started, the heat in my car would work when the fan level was on 1 or 2, but if I put it on 3 or 4, heat would only come out when accelerating. Otherwise, cold air would come out when the heat was on. I had a mechaninc friend that fixed this a couple times for me for free, so not sure what he did. But now, the heat only works every other time I turn my car on, regardless of the fan speed. It seems like every other time my car is turned on it's either hot air one time, then the next time, cold air is blowing, even when accelerating. Wit winter coming, I won't even be able to defrost my windows...

- , Philadelphia, PA, canada