- November 21: Nissan Recalls Altima and Maxima To Fix Brake Calipers
- November 3: Nissan Recalls Vehicles With Passenger Airbags That Fail
- October 28: Nissan Recalls Altima and Maxima For Gas Leaks
- October 2: Nissan Versa Coil Spring Problems Cause Recall of 218,000 Cars
- September 4: Nissan Passenger Airbag Problems Lead to Investigation
2004 Nissan Sentra
Worst 2004 Sentra engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- blown head gasket17
- consuming excessive oil2
- engine takes 2 or more cranks to start2
- butterfly screw came loose and got sucked into the engine1
- losing power1
- rattle/noise while accelerating1
- stalls while driving1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling34
- NHTSA: Engine16
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine16
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control6
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Sentra Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Sentra compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Sentra overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Sentra.