$2,530.00

1. replaced transmission (1 reports)
2004 Nissan Sentra transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Nissan Sentra:

2004 Nissan Sentra Owner Comments

Aug 012011

Sentra

I have a 2004 Nissan Sentra that I bought used in 2006 with only 16K. I've had the car about 5 years now, and it has 90K. The transmission has been slipping for about a year, and has recently failed. My mechanic cannot rebuild it because the transmission is completely shot. I have religiously serviced that car from 30K to its recent 90K mile roll-over. I recently had the transmission flushed, new fluid and an additive added placed into it, thinking it might help; unfortunately, it did not. My mechanic advised that Nissan's in general have intermittent transmission problems, but has not yet issued a recall for the Sentra model. The car is 15K past its warranty, so now I am stuck with a $2,500 repair.

If the transmission is a known Nissan issue, I believe Nissan should be more diligent in issuing recalls for high dollar items, such as the transmissions. Given the fact the car is still young, and that I've taken good care of the car per my service records with my mechanic, the transmission should not have failed!

- , Edgewood, MD, USA