2006 Nissan Sentra seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Nissan Sentra:

2006 Nissan Sentra Owner Comments

Jul 132009

I have only had my vehicle for 11 months. Last week a red flashing light appears. I looked it up in my handbook and it showed that a safety restraint isn't working. I took the vehicle to the dealer and the cost for repair is $1600. Since I've owned my vehicle it has not been in any accident, and when I purchased the vehicle the carfax report was clean as well. My repair guy says that the only way the light should've come on was due to front end collision, which, I have never had. I am being told that in case of accident none of my safety features will not work. No seat belt tightening, no airbagdeploy etc. I am very concerned because I have two small children and would like to figure out what's going on. There should be no reason that an 11 month old car should be acting like this!! I have not yet repaired the vehicle, I am going back and forth with the dealer because this actual problem should be covered under the federal emissions law.

- Yonkers, NY, USA