2007 Nissan Sentra seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Nissan Sentra:

2007 Nissan Sentra Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Apr 042016

Driver air bag light came on while driving and won't go off. Even when reset it returns. Went to dealer and they confirmed that there was something wrong but didn't think it was a recall, and would charge close to $1000 to troubleshoot and fix.

- Saddle Brook, NJ, USA

Jan 282016

I was driving down the road & someone pulled out in front of me so I had to hit my brakes when I did my seat belt locked then the airbag light came on flashing. As of today it's still on & flashingm

- Gainesville, GA, USA

Apr 022015

My car was involved in a rear end accident April 2, 2015 while stopped at red stop arrow light and a front end accident 10-20-2015 while stopped in left turning lane and no airbags deployed. Saefty issue --airbags should have deployed.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Feb 032015

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Sentra. While driving at high speeds, the air bag warning light illuminated on the instrument panel without warning. In addition, the brake light flickered on and off and when the brakes were applied and the vehicle responded slower than usual. The contact experienced the same failures explained in NHTSA campaign number: 08V311000 (service brakes), but the VIN was not included in the recall. The vehicle was not diagnosed nor repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 80,000.

- Newark, NJ, USA

Sep 032015

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Sentra. While driving at an unknown speed, the air bag warning light illuminated. The contact also stated that the front passenger side air bag illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer, but was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 84,000.

- Surprise, AZ, USA

Jan 012015

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Sentra. While driving approximately 5 mph, the air bag warning indicator illuminated and flashed consistently. The failure recurred each time the vehicle was started. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the air bag wiring was faulty and needed to be repaired. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 98,000.

- Chesapeake, VA, USA

Jul 072014

I started my car to go to work and air bag light came on has been on ever my passenger air bag stays off no matter if someone is in the seat or not?I worry about passengers now so no one can drive with me.

- Clemmons, NC, USA

Oct 112012

I was about going for a meeting but when I started the car, the air bag light started flashing. I wasn't into any accident. I went to a Nissan dealer on 10/16/2012 to know what causes the air bag light to be flashing when there was no accident involved. They ran their test and told me that the cause of the flashing was {rh side air bag module defective}. they refused to fix it and inturn gave me a repair quote of about $1300 to fix the problem. I told them the problem was from Nissan and not me. Since I didn't have that amount to repair the car air bag. In November 2014 I met a friend that drives the same car, model, & year with the same air bag light flashing. I asked if he got into any accident, he says no that the air bag light just started flashing on one of the days when he was going to work. On 11/07/2014, I called Nissan usa and told them about the issue. The customer service rep told me to fax the diagnostic and evidence that am the owner of the car to them with the fax # and the case # she gave me that they will investigate and if the problem is from them, they will fix the car for free. I faxed the required document and never heard from them again. After waiting for a month, I decided to call and check the status of my case. It happens that every time I called the rep and the supervisor are giving me different and conflicting information. Till now that am writing this, Nissan have refused to fixed the problem the cause. I will appreciate if someone can look into this matter. Thanks, sew

- Mount Rainier, MD, USA

Apr 162015

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Sentra. While the contact's vehicle was at a stop light, a second vehicle traveling approximately 30 mph crashed into the rear of the contact's vehicle and caused significant damage. The air bags did not deploy. The driver sustained neck, back, and knee injuries. The front passenger sustained neck and back injuries. Both occupants received medical attention. It was unknown if a police report was filed. The cause of the failure was not diagnosed. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was 106,000.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Jan 012015

Sentra 4-cyl

My passenger airbag light continues to flash when someone is sitting in it or not. It never shuts off.

- West Warwick, RI, USA

Nov 082014

My Nissan Sentra 200 airbag light is on, yet dealer refused to fix safety issue, advising me to seek contact Nissan manufacturer, at 0745am. Personnel was blatantly unfriendly and rude, while taking down my keys and paper work - customer details, I.e., bypassed to the next customer behind me in the queue. Personnel ordered me to "remove my stuff, demanding my insurance and credit card, " before even letting me know what to expect, as the "other" jumped into vehicle, trying to drive to repair shop. The lack of courtesy and respect to me as a customer, accorded to others, was not an issue, I just wanted to the safety issue in the manufactured vehicle addressed. She also blatantly declared that since my airbag was "blinking, " I was "not to expect recall list service." While in the restroom, inside building, was ushered to a seat within 5 minutes, and same rude personnel handed me back my key, credit card and insurance card. The manager was also within earshot, and did also ask, that my "customer number" be written down, after letting them know that I was disappointed, since others behind queue were made to wait, receiving service. I honestly invested in the vehicle, thus is seeking your help, to have Nissan fulfill obligation to me as a customer.

- Chesapeake , VA, USA

Aug 132014

Sentra 4-cyl

2007 Nissan Sentra failed to come to a complete stop and impacted with an SUV at approximately 35mph. Hood, front bumper and front grill need a complete replacement due to damage. Although driver was wearing a seatbelt at the time of the accident, moderate neck and back injuries were sustained. Air bags failed to deploy.

- Gilbert, AZ, USA

Jun 092014

Sentra 4-cyl

The passenger airbag light is on in the car. The passenger airbag off sign is on, there is some kind of fault with the airbag system or fault. I spoke to dealer about any recalls, they said they didn't have any and it was going to cost 100's of dollars just to diagnose what was going on. I think this is very unsafe and a safety issue and dealer should be responsible to fix.

- Cary, NC, USA

Aug 202013

Sentra 4-cyl

8/20/13 @ 50115 miles: Vehicle air bag light was on and blinking. Nissan tech found history code 1086 stored. L/F pretensioner failed. Tech performed air bag system reprogram, which cleared the air bag light and all failure codes. 2/19/14 @ 52624 miles: Vehicle air bag light was on and blinking. Nissan tech found failure code B1086 stored. Pre ten front L/H open. Internal failure in L/F seatbelt assembly. Tech replaced L/F seatbelt assembly. Cleared failure codes and verified none returned. 7/8/14 @ 55300 miles: Vehicle air bag light was on and blinking. Nissan tech found failure code B1086 stored. Dealership recommended replacing air bag diagnostic unit. If that does not work, dealership recommends replacing air bag harness.

- Oklahoma City, OK, USA

May 222014

Sentra 4-cyl

Shut the front passenger door and the air bags deployed from the door and seat.

- Middle River, MD, USA

Apr 112014

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Sentra. The contact stated that while driving at an unknown speed over railroad tracks, the driver lost control of the vehicle and crashed into some trees. The passenger side air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed. The driver sustained facial lacerations, broken ribs and punctured lungs. The passenger sustained a contusion to the spleen, head injuries, lacerations to the shoulders and two fractured bones in his back. The vehicle was destroyed and taken to a salvage yard. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure and current mileage was unknown.

- Blue Belle , PA, USA

Sep 252013

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Sentra. The contact stated while driving 12 mph into a parking lot, the drivers seat, air bag and the curtain air bag deployed without warning. The contact sustained a minor burn to his left arm. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection. A field technician inspected the vehicle and concluded that the air bags deployment was not caused by a manufacturers defect. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 65,100 and the approximate current mileage was 65,300.

- Haggerstown, MD, USA

May 012013

Passenger air-bag has shut off and air bag trouble light began flashing (even when passenger is above the normal shut-off weight). Technicians were able to reset the warning light, but it comes back on hours/days later with no obvious trigger. No accident has ever occurred in this vehicle. Service tech and Nissan corporate have pointed the blame to the passenger seat, with replacement cost at a prohibitive $3,000+.

- Park Ridge, IL, USA

Aug 302013

Sentra 4-cyl

Had auto accident involving a California la county parks utility truck 4-6 tons drove into passenger rear bumper at approximately 55-65 mph. Driver fled scene. Driver, passenger and side airbags failed to deploy causing injuries. Oc Nissan called me about recent maintenance and when I told them about the airbags not deploying the service caller hanged the phone up on me.

- Ivanhoe, CA, USA

Aug 012012

Air bag indicator light came on. Took to dealership to have checked out. After they had the vehicle all day, and after several calls to the service department to find out status, they finally told me the air bag deflated. That was the passenger airbag and was told because that didn't work, none of the air bags would work. Said that was normal. Sometimes they just do that. Explain to me how air bags deflate from no accident after 5 years. Tried to resolve with Nissan, was told nothing they could do. Out of warranty.

- Hayden, ID, USA