2008 Nissan Sentra brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Nissan Sentra:

2008 Nissan Sentra Owner Comments

Sep 082016

Sentra

I was coming to a complete stop and the breaks did not stop the car forcing me to hit someone. I always had trouble with the breaks with forced me to change them every so often. This time was tough.

- Broussard, LA, USA

Dec 282014

Sentra 4-cyl

I was operating my vehicle on riverside drive in studio city, California when the vehicle shook abruptly followed a few seconds later with a loud explosion. Debris and oil sprayed onto my hood and I had to nearly avoid an accident as my car was completely out of control. I was able to turn the wheel slightly and pull to the side. It was at this point the vehicle caught fire under the hood and I immediately got out of the vehicle. My father who was following me ran to the nearest gas station in an attempt to calm the flames while I called 911. The vehicle was still on fire when the fire department arrived. Eventually they were able to put the flames out and open the hood. Under the hood you can see a fire starting from the electrical and battery area leading to the engine. The car was deemed a total loss a few days later by my insurance. It appeared the battery overheated.

- Sherman Oaks, CA, USA