2008 Nissan Sentra engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Nissan Sentra:

2008 Nissan Sentra Owner Comments

Jan 012011

Sentra

2008 Nissan Sentra. S10 appropriate handling-letter to the secretary from regarding Toyota braking problems the consumer stated the brakes failed on his failed. When he attempted to apply the brake, the vehicle continued to accelerate. The next the day, the consumer went to the dealer and had the front pads replaced and the rear pads cleaned. The consumer has not experienced a failure since.

- Downers Grove, IL, USA

Jul 282010

Sentra

I was parking my 2008 Nissan Sentra. I had already pulled into the parking space and suddenly the car accelerated (much faster than it normally accelerates at such a slow speed). Prior to the acceleration, I could not have been driving more than five miles an hour. I ran into the cement wall at the end of the parking lot. The car accelerated so fast that it left skid marks. This has never happened before with my car. I bought it new and it has approximately 21,000 miles. Also, I did check the floor mat. It was not in any way interfering with the gas or brake pedal.

- Indian Trail, NC, USA

May 122010

Sentra

The contact owns a 2008 Nissan Sentra. The contact stated that while attempting to stop, the accelerator pedal stuck and the brakes would not engage when applied so the vehicle crashed into a wall. The contact turned off the engine and the vehicle was taken to a body shop for repair. A police report was filed but the police stated that the contact must have depressed the accelerator pedal. The vehicle had not been inspected for the cause of the failure at the time of the complaint. The failure mileage was approximately 22,500. The current mileage was approximately 24,000.

- Ingleside, TX, USA

Jun 012009

Sentra

I was stopped at a redlight behind about 3 other cards. When the light changed to green I began to remove my foot from the brake when the car suddenly jolted forward at a high speed. I had the brake pedal to the floor but the car did not stop. I maneuvered myself all over the road to avoid pedestrians and oncoming traffic at the intersection. I was able to avoid one head-on collision that only damaged the mirrors as we passed by each other. I went onto the sidewalk taking out several feet of cyclone fence. The fence post nearly punctured the front windshield (lucky) and damaged the hood and other parts of the vehicle as it bounced off. The car came to a stop as quickly as it began. The Nissan "engineer" could find no cause the unintended acceleration. I travel this road everyday.this never happened before. I was not charged by the police who said, " I can't believe you pulled this off". I sent a complaint to Nissan and to consumer products safety but I did not hear about fhsa until Toyota began having the same problem. If there was a problem with the car, Nissan denied it. Based on an interview with an electronics engineer that I heard on npr, isn't is possible these accelerations are extraneous" this person claims cells phones and other electronic devices can cause this. I was less than 1 mile from a verizon cellphone tower. Who knows" maybe he is right and the location of the initial unintended acceleration may be work investigating.

- Sterling, MA, USA

Aug 272009

Sentra

A leased 2008 Nissan Sentra has gotten stuck in acceleration gear while I am attempting to slow to a stop. I have to press hard on the brakes and shift the car into neutral to stop the engine from racing. This has happened since around 18,000 miles and I now have 23,000 miles on the car. Brakes also emit a low whistling noise while slowing down to stop or turn. Have complained to dealer on maintenance visits but told they can find nothing wrong with brakes; "could be dust on pads or moisture."

- Somerset, NJ, USA

Jul 162008

Sentra

Came to a stop light at the bottom of a hill in a 25mph zone and the car stayed at 2,000rpm's. had to turn off car to stop it, never went down to idle speed. Dealer reset parameters on computer and reset idle learn.

- Falling Waters, WV, USA

Jul 012008

Sentra

While driver was parking vehicle and had foot on brake pedal the vehicle accelerated forward striking a structure.

- Largo, FL, USA

Apr 172008

Sentra

The contact owns a 2008 Nissan Sentra. While depressing the brake pedal at 5 mph, the contact could not stop the vehicle. It accelerated backwards and caused her to crash into another vehicle. There were no warning lights illuminated on the instrument control panel prior to the failure. The vehicle sustained minimal damage. She notified the dealer and is awaiting their response. A police report was filed. The VIN was unknown. The failure mileage was 10,000.

- Winter Park, FL, USA