2009 Nissan Sentra electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Nissan Sentra:

2009 Nissan Sentra Owner Comments

Dec 222010

I have gone through 5 batteries in 6 years one blew up under my hood. I changed the positive battery cable assembly after that happened. It hasn't helped in keeping batteries for more than a year in this car. I have had the system checked everything comes back normal. I can charge anything in my car while the car is off and no key in the ignition. I would think that there would be something wrong with that. My doors lock/unlock inconstantly when using my fob to perform either function. I have to do it manually. The gas tube has pulled away and is unstable. My vehicle has shut off too many times to count unexpectedly while in motion and stationary. It happened in a supermarket parking lot, on an on ramp to get on a freeway, in the middle of a street. Aaa knows me well. This has been going on for years I have written about it before on another website, but this is the first time I have seen this website.

- Vista, CA, USA

Jun 042015

The contact owns a 2009 Nissan Sentra. While driving approximately 25 mph, the vehicle stalled and all the instrument cluster warning lights illuminated. The vehicle was restarted manually in order to restart. The failure occurred four times. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 74,000.

- Au Sable Forks, NY, USA

Sep 182013

At first the rear doors started not to unlock, now all the doors except for the drivers will not unlock with the power locks. You must manually flip each lock to open the doors.

- Lyles, TN, USA

Mar 292013

The front and drivers side was severely damaged in my 2009 Nissan Sentra after being hit by a Ford F250 Super Duty. No air bags deployed in this accident. There were injuries from the driver of the car and the passenger of the vehicle. The glass in the car shattered and door was completely crushed. The tyrod in the vehicle was also damaged as well as some structural damage to frame under the door and back drivers side door. Car shut off completely after impact.

- Riverdale, GA, USA