2009 Nissan Sentra seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Nissan Sentra:

2009 Nissan Sentra Owner Comments

Feb 042015

The contact owns a 2009 Nissan Sentra. The contact stated that the air bag warning light remained illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who stated that the sprial cable and the front pasenger side air bag control module needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and provided no remedy. The approximate failure mileage was 98,400.

- Nashville, TN, USA

Mar 282015

Sentra 4-cyl

Driver side air bag alert blinking. Nissan claims no recall and states that they must replace the air bag in order to run diagnostic tests. My car is in perfect working order so my question to you is; what constitutes a mandatory recall" must consumers wait until there are a certain number of incidents before it is determined a faulty part"

- Belmar, NJ, USA

Dec 122013

Sentra 4-cyl

I closed my passenger door and the air bags deployed on the passenger side front/rear seats and doors. Car was parked and there was no accident. Updated 1/29/14 updated 01/29/14

- Toledo, OH, USA

Mar 292013

The front and drivers side was severely damaged in my 2009 Nissan Sentra after being hit by a Ford F250 Super Duty. No air bags deployed in this accident. There were injuries from the driver of the car and the passenger of the vehicle. The glass in the car shattered and door was completely crushed. The tyrod in the vehicle was also damaged as well as some structural damage to frame under the door and back drivers side door. Car shut off completely after impact.

- Riverdale, GA, USA

Oct 042011

Sentra 4-cyl

So I was driving my car at night and it was raining that day. My speed was 40mph when I was making left turn on a highway, and then all of sudden one of my back tire on the right pop. My car goes out of control and made 180 degrees turn. So I end up rolling my car. Luckily their was no one coming from other lane. At the end I was surprise that none of my airbag deploy. Also my car got total.

- Weaverville, CA, USA

Sep 282010

2009 Nissan Sentra frontal impact 40mph with no airbag deployment.

- Kingston Springs, TN, USA