1.6

2010 Nissan Sentra brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Nissan Sentra:

2010 Nissan Sentra Owner Comments

Nov 092016

Sentra

Positive battery terminal caused irregular voltage and burn the engine control module ECM to burn/die causing car to stop while on movement.

- Hollywood, FL, USA

Oct 042016

Sentra 6-cyl

I just purchased my 2010 Nissan Sentra used from reputable car dealership 3/4/16. On 7/10/2016 my battery died and was completely dead and could not be recharged. On 10/4/16 I was waiting on my daughter to get off of work. The car starting trying to die out. I turned off vehicle checked all my lubricants and radiator everything was fine. She got in was in process of backing up car electrical systems(dash lights, head lights, and all the other warning lights) started flashing car felt like it was hesitating and died out. Could not get to crank. Used jumper box to check battery was not completely dead. We pushed vehicle back into parking place and let battery charge. Car would start but not catch. Few days later battery completely dead. Read about recall associated with my vehicle. Loose positive cable terminal causing drop in voltage essentially damaging ECM. Vehicle towed to Nissan dealership. Diagnosis is ECM is dead and needs replaced, positive terminal cable needs replaced. Cost of repair $1250 and now I am having to pay to fix repairs. Per Nissan dealership and Nissan corporate my VIN number was not part of the recall and therefore will not be covered by them. Definitely not right especially when diagnosis is exactly what recall of 33,803 vehicles was for.

- Odenville, AL, USA

Jul 062013

Sentra 4-cyl

After driving for about 10 minutes, the transmission did not want to come out of low gear. At 35 mph, I was at about 6,000rpms in drive. I confirmed the overdrive off button is not engaged, nor is it in "L", and the emergency brake is off. When it has been cooled off for about 3+ hours, it will drive fairly normal for about 10-12 minutes until warmed up, then it all starts again. Even once it is cooled off, there is a slight drag on power and it will begin to have erratic shifting (similar to a regular automatic transmission slipping) after a few minutes on take off it feels like the parking brake is on, but it is not. The service engine soon light comes on, the vdc control light comes on, and another light that is above the vdc light comes on. Codes P0720 and P1778 were found by a local non-Nissan dealer who checked them as a courtesy for me. Have discovered that Nissan has extended the cvt transmission warranty on certain Nissan up to 10 yrs or 120,000 miles, my Sentra is included among others. Get more info at: www.nissanassist.com/programdetails.php. however, my local Nissan dealer says if it will cost me 4 hours labor at $125 hr to tear down for a full diagnosis. If not covered, I have to pay that. A call to another Nissan service center explained the same expense. He also told me that there are many coming thru that are under the replacement program due to a defect that causes engine coolant into the transmission. For that problem, Nissan will replace it but they expect the customer to pay $2,000 toward the bill. That is ridiculous for a manufacturer defect in design that they have acknowledged that causes the failure. I have found in the Nissan factory cvt manual that the problem is internal and mechanical according to its own diagnostics see that manual here allsentra.com/fsm/2009_sentra/cvt.pdf. I have a 2010, but it is the same.

- Baltimore, MD, USA