2010 Nissan Sentra electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Nissan Sentra:

2010 Nissan Sentra Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Dec 172010

The contact owns a 2010 Nissan Sentra. The contact received a recall notice for recall 10V555000 (electrical system: Battery: Cables). The contact took the vehicle to an authorized dealer but the parts were unavailable. The contact had to keep the engine running while the vehicle was in motion at a low speed. The manufacturer had not been notified. The failure mileage was approximately 14,000.

- Port St. Lucie, FL, USA

Sep 202010

The contact owns a 2010 Nissan Sentra. The contact stated that the vehicle would stall without warning. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign id number: 10V555000 (electrical system:battery:cables) and took the vehicle to the dealer for repairs. The contact stated that the failure persisted after following repairs. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer who informed the contact that they are unable to diagnose the recurring failure. The failure mileage was approximately 1,000.

- Fayetteville, NC, USA

Nov 302010

My car Nissan Sentra 2010 broke down on parking lot at my workplace (lack of electricity) on Nov 30, 2010. At that time I was not aware about a recall for positive cable to car's battery. With my colleagues at work we tried to use jumping cables to start the engine. After unsuccessful attempts car was towed to kendrick's Nissan in lafayette Indiana. The next day dealer's technical adviser told me that ECM is broken and it looks that I burned it during re-start engine attempt using wrongly (reversing) cables. He added that I broke a warranty and I have to pay $871 for repair. I believe that diagnosis is not correct and that the reason for car starting problem was faulty connection cable which could also cause some other damages during a re-start attempt.

- Carmel, IN, USA

Jul 202010

I bought a 2010 Nissan Sentra S on Friday July, 2. it had 47 miles on it, 10 of which I put on during a test drive. On Wednesday, July 7, I dropped by the dealership to complete the trade-in, and my new car suddenly stopped while I was in the Nissan parking lot. After waiting at the dealership for 4 hours, I was sent home with a rental car. After a few days, the dealership alerted me that the my electronic computer unit failed. They replaced the system and I got my car back on Wednesday, July 14. After having the new car in my possession for less than a week, it suddenly stopped again, and would not start. I had to be towed to the dealership. They have no idea what is causing the electronic computer unit to fail. This is the second time in less than a month that the electronic computer unit in my 2010 Nissan Sentra.

- Atlanta, GA, USA