2.5

2010 Nissan Sentra miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Nissan Sentra:

2010 Nissan Sentra Owner Comments

Aug 202016

Sentra

"takata recall"the vehicle was working perfectly since 04/14/2016 until 08/20/2016 I drove the vehicle for 30 minutes then I park it at my place, and the next day I try to start it and was completely dead. It just had the airbag light. I replaced the battery for a new one, it started again. I went for a drive for 1 hour and when I stop at the car wash place to vacuum my car it didn't start at all, acting the same way as the day before. It was completely dead.

- Coral Springs, FL, USA

Sep 252015

Sentra

This is the second time the battery is leaking. About a year ago my battery was leaking badly and I had to replace it. On Friday my husband was checking the oil and he saw the battery leak again. It looked like it was corroded. He cleaned but it is still leaking.

- El Paso, TX, USA

May 102015

Sentra

Two weeks prior to 5/10/15, my muffler was making some noises. Sounded like I may have had a hole in my muffler. On Sunday morning on 5/10/15, I was driving home from Virginia and did not notice anything until I stopped for gas in Maryland. My muffler was making loud noises like a truck and the whole bottom of the car started vibrating. Was extremely embarrassing. I immediately went to a muffler shop and was told by the technician that he has seen this same problem recently on Sentra's and some of your other vehicles, where the muffler splits at the flang and the whole system had to be replaced because of rust. I always keep my vehicles for a very long time and have never seen this problem before. I was charged $524.51 for a whole new system. The technician said that he was surprised that Nissan did not have a recall for this problem. I don't think that this is normal wear and tear on a muffler system, so there has to be something that Nissan can do. I don't believe that I should be responsible for paying for this repair. I also had an oil change about two weeks before this happened at my Nissan dealership and I can't believe that they didn't see that my muffler was seriously rusted. Anything you can do to help me out with this problem would be greatly appreciated.+

- Glen Burnie, MH, USA

May 032013

Sentra

When I am driving on the expressway I can't pick up speed. I can have the peddle all the way down and it will not pick up speed. It has slowed down and I have had to pull to the side of the expressway. The most recent incident was May 3rd. I took to the shop and got a code P0744. Check engine light was on. I was told that I need a new transmission.

- Henrico, VA, USA

Dec 162010

Sentra

The dealer failed to make necessary repairs even with scheduled appointment. The appointment for recall repair was made two weeks ago and was confirmed twice that they have the necessary parts. Upon reaching to the dealer service department, they said, the parts are not available and could not perform the recall service. This is at the haldeman Nissan dealership, hamilton, NJ.

- Dayton, NJ, USA