2012 Nissan Sentra seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Nissan Sentra:

2012 Nissan Sentra Owner Comments

Oct 102015

Sentra

I was dropping off my passenger, I was in drive and had my foot on the brake, so the car was not moving, and he closed the door, maybe slammed a little as he was in a hurry to get out of the car, and then the air bags on the roof of the passenger side deployed, along with the air bags to the passenger seat. I was in shock since I know I've slammed my car door before and that has never happened. Luckily nobody was injured and there are no damages to my car.

- Cerritos, CA, USA

Jun 012015

Sentra 4-cyl

2012 Nissan Sentra. Consumer writes in regards to vehicle airbags concern. The consumer wanted to know the brand of the air bag in his vehicle.

- Dothan, AL, USA

Nov 112014

Sentra

I was in an accident in November. The passenger airbag failed to deploy and the driver broke their nose and then fled the scene. I was unconsious in the passenger seat when wmts arrived and do to the driver fleeing I was charged with the accident and insurance failed to pay the settlement. All on claims that had I been in the passenger seat the airbag would have went off. I know that Nissan has airbag problems all around the year of my car but am trying to find if any of these defective parts are in my car and could have caused a non deployment. The cops estimated that we were going 50 mph and hit a tree. I was asleep in the passenger seat so am not sure of how my body was positioned if it had effect on the pressure switch. I was severly injured 4 broken ribs broken nexk and multiply facial lacerations from the passenger side windsheild.

- Ingalls, IN, USA

Aug 252014

Sentra

On August 25, 2014 while I did escape with my life and my whole body intact, after a witness was on scene she said she her a loud pop, well that loud pop was my front left (immediate driver's side tire) and I ended up in a brick wall. Not pleased with Bridgestone, as my vehicle only had no more than 8000 miles on it, but very pleased with the vehicle and it's features.

- Westerville, OH, USA

Mar 072014

Sentra 4-cyl

Without a crash my air bags exploded for no reason ?//

- Harlingen , TX, USA

Jun 262013

Sentra 4-cyl

The airbags did not deploy when my husband wrecked the 2012 Nissan Sentra 6-24-13. My husband swerved to miss a deer that was in the road, hit a culvert, got air born, took out a reflector sign, and crashed into the ground. The car had +$7,000 worth of damages and the airbag did not deploy. I think there is a manufacturing issue. It got air born and hit a culvert. I think an airbag should have deployed.

- Donaldson, AR, USA

May 052013

Sentra 4-cyl

I have a 2012 Nissan Sentra and the curtain air bags and seat air bags deployed when the driver's door of the vehicle was slammed. The car was not in motion but the key was in the ignition. Took it to a dealer and was told that they do not think this would be covered by warranty to contact my insurance company. The vehicle was involved in a rear accident 3 months prior but no air bags deployed only the trunk was smashed in. I was also told that the repairs to the trunk could have caused a malfunction. The car was only examined at the dealership I was told that Nissan corporate office was involved but never was called nor has the car been inspected by a professional. This too me is very unsafe and inconsiderate of Nissan to ignore this matter. What if the car was in motion what type of accident or injury this would have caused. I feel they should have at least inspected the car by a professional to make sure this was not a sensor issue and to confirm that it not their fault.

- Covington, LA, USA

Feb 032013

Sentra 4-cyl

Vehicle was pulling out of a driveway at night, just beginning to accelerate, and struck a trailer that was not clearly noticeable (did not have clear reflectors). At 5 mph, the hood was crunched like an accordion, the airbags deployed, and the car is considered totaled. What would the consequences have been if striking something at 30, 40, or 50 mph?

- Warwick, NY, USA