2013 Nissan Sentra brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Nissan Sentra:

2013 Nissan Sentra Owner Comments

Sep 182016

I am filing this complaint against the Nissan motor cooperation for faulty craftsmanship in 2013 Nissan Sentra that I purchased in jacksonville, fla. I have had to take my car autonation nissian in orange park fla three times due electrical shortage in the car electrical system.while driving the car, the car traction control light comes on all over sudden. The car then brakes and slows down. I attempted to try and turn off the traction control light but then a second light appears on the dash board. In addition you also lose acceleration when this happens.the mechanic, shop foreman, and service advisers came to conclusion that this is due to excessive moisture in the taillight which causes the car to automatically brake while driving and causes a shortage in electrical system. I was advised that the tail light should have been sealed at the factory. Nissan wants me to pay $491 which I dont have. They then said I would only have to pay a $100 of which I dont have. Since I have had this nissian Sentra I have had nothing but problems in what was suppose to be a brand new car.this is a very dangerous problem and could cause a bad accident with this car electrical system shorting out. I feel that Nissan should be responsible for all cost because I not the one that manufactured the car and I shouldn't be held liable for there poor craftsmanship.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Nov 242014

Sentra 4-cyl

Vehicle turns off by itself while driving, transmission needs to be replaced, and a lot of issues with the engine.

- Laredo, TX, USA

Aug 242013

The morning started off with having problems with esf lght, and hand brake light even though hand brake was not applied. I tried to pull over many times, and fix lights but nothing worked. I was at a red light, then it turned green and street traffic proceededd to drive forward but a car 3 cars in front of me stopped abruptly. The car in front of me, had enough time to stop, but my Nissan Sentra hit the back of the car in front of me. I think that the car and its systems malfunctioned and I would like it investigated, because my accident could have been avoided. I am hurt from this accident, and so is the driver from the car in front of me.

- Montebello, CA, USA