2013 Nissan Sentra brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Nissan Sentra:

2013 Nissan Sentra Owner Comments (Page 4 of 4)

Jun 262013

I have also been experiencing the loud grinding noise from the rear brakes. I took the car in today for its first oil change and showed the technician the issue. I also have a problem with the A/C not cooling. There have been a couple of times while driving when the A/C starts to blow warm air for a long time and then randomly starts to cool again. Hopefully the dealership can get it fixed without causing any additional grief! the car has been driven less than 5,000 miles!

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Jun 022013

This is a follow up on the safety complaint I previously filed on 6/2/2013, when my Sentra 2013 suddenly had big grinding noise on the passenger rear wheel when I applied the brake pedal decelerating the car. After having the car towed to the local dealer, the dealer diagnostic and confirmed the rear brake broke apart inside the rear brake drum damaged brake shoe, brake self-adjusted assembly, anti-shoe rattle clip and pin. Though Nissan covered the repair, replacement parts, and towing cost, it still cost me one day off work and the car had to sit at the dealer couple days waiting for the replacement parts. I then looked up the internet and found the Sentra 2013 rear brake part diagram (see link below). What really scare me is the new 'U' shape anti-shoe rattle springs / clips (instead of the traditional circle / washer shape ones typically found on most vehicles) that are used to lock the brake shoes in place with the anti-shoe rattle pins. These U-shape anti-rattle shoe springs might come off if the car running on bad roads often or big bumps over the time. I am really concerned about the safety on Sentra 2013 rear brake and hoping someone could investigate to prevent future safety issues. -----§ionid=441&partcode=&jointvehid=17659&makeid=25&siteid=216803&illust_seq=01&partnumber=part+number&description=keyword.

- Wylie, TX, USA

Jun 062013

2013 Nissan Sentra only 5 months old with 7000 feel like a 20 year old car. Every time I hit the brake to slow down, I hear squeaking noise and feel like the pads are grinding, I will have to take it to the dealer to have it checked out. Oh and you can't lift you wiper blades because the hood is in the way. How the heck are you suppose to clean you windshield or replace wiper blades. A/C goes on when you change to defrost or recirculation and you have to manually disengage when changing modes. Should have went with the corolla.

- Woodland, CA, USA

Feb 252013

When I am stopped at a light, the car seems to creep forward when brake pedal depressed. I need to continually apply more pressure and the pedal becomes spongy. Also, I now notice that when stopped or going slow, engine fumes are coming from my air/heating vents. Don't know if its exhaust or an oil leak somewhere. Car only has 400 miles on it and I've had car since end of February 2013.

- Merrick, NY, USA

Dec 012012

The contact owns a 2013 Nissan Sentra. The contact stated that the rear brakes failed while driving 50 mph. The brake pedal was depressed and the rear brake system activated but failed to disengage. The rear brake made also exhibited a loud metal noise. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where an inspection was performed. The dealer advised that the rear brake band was defective and caused the rear brake system not to release. The dealer cleaned and greased the rear brakes however, the failure was not corrected. The rear brakes still would not disengage when activated. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 2,000 and the current mileage was 11,518.

- Patillas , PR, USA

May 292013

My 2013 Nissan Sentra with 142 miles already has problem with the service brakes. I was completely stopped at a traffic light. While waiting for the light to change I noticed that my car started to move forward. My first reaction was to press a little bit harder on the brake pedal, the car stopped, but a few seconds later the car started to move again. I kept pressing on the brake pedal a little bit harder every time it started to move, until the pedal reached the maximum travel, all the way to the bottom. Even with the brake pedal pressed all the way to the bottom, the car kept on moving forward. At that moment I was inching away into the incoming traffic, so I had to pull the parking brake to stop the car from moving forward. This incident was very scary to say the least. Now my car is at the dealer in the service department waiting for a new master cylinder. What I cannot understand is how such an important / critical system of a brand new car could fail in 4 days, and less than 150 miles. Anyone else experienced anything like this?

- Gainesville, FL, USA

Jun 022013

While applying the brake pedal decelerating the car, the car suddenly had a very loud grinding noise on the rear passenger wheel, like the brake rotor grinding against some metal parts that broke loose inside. After stopping the car inspecting passenger rear wheel and found nothing, I got back to the car slowly accelerating it. The loud grinding noise got worse and I felt the brake pedal kinda light (like not all 4 brakes are being applied). I suspect the brake shoes or components broke apart inside the brake drum of the rear wheel (passenger side). Fortunately, I was at slow speed (20-30mph) and only one block away from home. Will have it towed to the local Nissan dealer to have it checked out as I only had this car for about 7-8 month from brand new. Since this is an all-new design 2013 Sentra, I am concern this is a flaw on the brake design that could cause extreme dangerous hazards on the road. Though my car should be covered under manufacturer 36-month bumper to bumper warranty, I am strongly asking to have the rear brake system on the 2013 Nissan Sentra investigated and recalled / corrected if necessary. This would help not only protect my family, my investment, but also others from running into the same incident operating this particular model in the future.

- Wylie, TX, USA

Mar 012013

Sentra 4-cyl

Extremely loud increasing grinding rear drums brakes noise, when applying the brakes the local sale distributor dealer representative tell me that there is no solution for that yet. There may be a death risk concern because are the brakes of the car...........

- San Juan, PR, USA

Jan 232013

Sentra 4-cyl

The passengers seat air bag sensor does not recognize when there is someone sitting and will not activate. I took the car to service and the guy told me that maybe it was because I was too skinny and maybe the sensor did not recognize that there was someone is actually sitting in the passengers seat. It is very dangerous because in a car accident it will probably not work. The car also have an annoying noise each time I hit the breaks in the back right side of the car. It have been 3 months and 3 service visits and several calls to service, distributors, etc. And I have not received an answer on how or when they will fix the problem. They told me to keep using the car because it was not a safety issue, but the brakes have gone blank twice making me very nervous of using the car. Still no answer from Nissan.

- Villalba, PR, USA