2013 Nissan Sentra engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Nissan Sentra:

2013 Nissan Sentra Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

May 292013

Sentra

1st incident with our new 2013 Nissan Sentra occurred @ 247 mi., in our possession less than 1 week, going 50mph (2 children in car with me), car just shut off. Dealer reset computer system. It has been down hill since, I took it in today for the 5th time since it was purchased 3.5 months ago (it now has 3700mi). Repeated issues with RPM's running high anywhere between 2,000 & 4,000 or at an all most stop will flutter down to 0 like it's going to stall. Crackling/rattling noises from the driverside dashboard. Now also coming from the A-pillar (?). issues with speakers (static/crackling noises) had the same break and airbag light issues. There is now growling noises coming from front, car seems to "buck" around 2-4K RPM's. oh yeah my driver door handle is now falling apart. Did I cover all the problems I have had with a $20+ brand new car"??? I think so, but then again we haven't owned it all that long! I did open a claim with Nissan Consumer Affairs when it was in on it's 3rd visit, I was denied a repurchase, but rest assured a Nissan certified repair shop will fix any problems. Waiting on dealership to decide if they can do anything"! next step attorney!!!!!

- Grantville, PA, USA

Mar 292013

Sentra 4-cyl Diesel

I purchase this as a brand new vehicle last month from a Nissan dealer. Today morning when I left home at 5:40am the temperature was around 25F and when I switched on the car and pulled it to the drive mode suddenly the engine stopped by itself. I then pulled it back in the parking gear and reigned the engine and left home. I reached outside my house stopped to take a left turn and the car stopped again! I feel scared driving this car now on freeway as I feel it may stop anytime and I might get into a big crash. There is a recall letter I received on this car yesterday and it said the first problem I stated above when the car is moved from P to D sometimes it stops but not that it would ever stop while in motion which is very very scary. I hope you will be able to help me and any other owners of this car. Thanks.

- Nashua, NH, USA

Mar 142013

Sentra

Took off from a stop sign and my car stalled. I turned the car off and on again and it ran fine. This isn't the first time this has happened to me, but the others were when it was pretty cold outside and I deemed that the reason for the stall. Now I believe it has to be something more.

- Smyrna, DE, USA

Oct 312012

Sentra

The contact owns a 2013 Nissan Sentra. The contact stated that while traveling 35 mph, the vehicle suddenly stalled without warning. The contact was able to merge to the side of the road to restart the vehicle. The vehicle then began to function normally. The vehicle was able to be driven to the dealer where the failure could not be replicated. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not contacted about the failure. The failure mileage was 419 and the current mileage was unavailable.

- North Las Vegas, NV, USA