2013 Nissan Sentra engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Nissan Sentra:

2013 Nissan Sentra Owner Comments

Jul 062016

My first indecent occurred while driving down a state highway with my cruise control on, my cruise control was cut off. As I was trying to accelerate back to my driving speed, the gas pedal felt loose and my car was having trouble revving up to accelerate and would not let me accelerate back up to posted highway speeds. The car then "jumped" forward and went back to normal and allowed me accelerate. However, I was not able to engage my cruise control back to normal and would cut it off every time I set it. I took my car to the dealership the next day for an initial recall notice to be fixed and explained also what happened. When I described my issue the service man had said it sounded as if my transmission was slipping, that they would look at it. After recall was cared for and two test drives later, they found nothing wrong with the vehicle. Told me if problem comes back to bring in immediately. On 07/06/2016 on my drive home at night, I came to a light and yielded, upon trying to accelerate to turn my car failed to accelerate and was having issues once again revving up! I drifted in to a nearby parking lot, put my car in park, turned it off for a few minutes then turned it back on. It acted fine until I was further down on a state highway and it was giving issues accelerating again. I contacted the dealership the next day (07/07) and was told to bring it in. They called me after sometime, and made me aware of what was wrong with my vehicle(condensation in the tail lights!) and how it was affecting my vehicle. I was also told that it was a manufacturer issue and that the manufacturer and Nissan are aware of the issue but have yet to issue a recall!! this is a serious issue that can lead to a fatal accident!!

- Elm Grove, LA, USA

Mar 042016

Left rear tail light was broken, moisture affected propulsion causing an immediate inability to sustain any acceleration almost resulting in an accident with the sudden loss of power while vehicle was in motion.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Mar 022015

The contact owns a 2013 Nissan Sentra. The contact stated that the vehicle would not accelerate properly. The failure occurred without warning. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it could not be diagnosed. The vehicle was not repaired; however, the failure recurred. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer where the failure occurred again, which resulted in a rear end collision. There were no injuries and a police report was not filed. The vehicle was repaired; however, the vehicle made an abnormal noise and hesitated. The vehicle was returned to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the transmission was defective and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired, but the failure recurred. The vehicle was returned to the dealer where it could not be diagnosed. The vehicle was not repaired and was taken to a new dealer where it was diagnosed that the transmission needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired, but the failure still recurred. The manufacturer was notified of the failures. The failure mileage was approximately 25,000.

- Bakersville, CA, USA

Apr 222015

After attempting to accelerate from stop at a stop sign, the Sentra would not accelerate higher than about 10 mph. I pushed the gas pedal to the floor, and still no acceleration. After a minute or so, it went back to normal. Over the course of an hour long drive, this happened at least 5 times. ABS indicator also came on when pushing the brake. Vdc and slip lights came on and stayed on for about half an hour. It will perform normally for a day or two. Then start malfunctioned at random. Two attempts have been made at the dealership to fix it according to diagnostic test which indicated the "brake switch code". brake switch replaced and vehicle performed normally for two days the performed worse than before part was changed.

- East Bernstadt, KY, USA

May 052014

The contact owns a 2013 Nissan Sentra. The contact stated while driving at various speeds, the vehicle suddenly failed to accelerate. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who stated that they could not duplicate the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 18,000.

- Woodland Hills, CA, USA

Nov 162013

Sentra 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2013 Nissan Sentra. The contact stated that when accelerating from a complete stop, there was a significant delay in acceleration response. In addition, the vehicle decelerated without warning when driving at various speeds. The failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer for diagnosis. The technician was unable to duplicate the problem. The manufacturer was notified of the defect. The approximate failure mileage was 770. Updated 12/24/13 the consumer stated on two occasions, the vehicle lost power, and it would not accelerate.

- Rocky Mount, NC, USA