9.5

2013 Nissan Sentra seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Nissan Sentra:

2013 Nissan Sentra Owner Comments

Mar 162014

Sentra

I took the car to the dealer for a recall on this matter. After the software upgrade, the light showing the passenger airbag deactivated started coming on randomly. Sometimes with people sitting in the seat it would also come on. I took it to the dealer the other day and the service manager said he calibrated it but yet it came on again last night. With all the problems with airbags, this is very scary. Even if the light quits coming on, how will I know if it is really fixed?

- , Spring Hill, FL, USA

Nov 232013

Sentra S 1.8L V4

Passenger Air Bag not working and Nissan Dealer is telling me it is normal?? That the air bag passenger light is off (not lit meaning passenger air bags are on) even though I have no passenger on my car??? and passenger light is on (lit meaning passenger air bags are off) I don't feel secure in this car anymore!! I don't want to find out the hard way that the passenger air bags don't deployed in a accident having a passenger on. I hope Nissan stands behind their safety standards. Dealer was no help at all picked up my car and light is still not working properly they do not have a fix for it as they find it normal. I showed them a video I took of issue and they said it was because my passenger wasn't wearing his seat belt. I told him he was wearing it unfortunately the video did not show it, but he said oh no it doesn't show here and that's the reason the light was on. Ugh he thinks because I'm a woman I don't know anything! I hope Nissan finds a fix soon before anyone really gets hurt.

- , Carson, CA, USA

Aug 032013

Sentra SR 1.8L

• CVT transmission

Hello,

When we were choosing a vehicle the most important thing for us was safety rating of the vehicle. After a few weeks of driving we noticed that the passenger airbag light come on multiple times even with an adult sitting in the seat. We took the vehicle to one of the dealership for inspection, but they couldn't find a problem. Due to it is a safety concern we took it to other dealer and they said that our vehicle didn't have any error history and they couldn't find anything wrong with it. We videotaped the problem. We are very dissapointed with the vehicle and the service departments as they even didn't offer us any solutions to the problem. We don't feel comfortable and safe in our brand new vehicle. Never buy Nissan vehicle and do not recommend your friend and relatives to do so. We also have Mitsubishi vehicle and for five years we have it it only gave us problem once, but the problem was solved next day at a dealership.

Very dissapointed Nissan's customer :(

- , St.Brieux, Saskatchewan, canada

Jan 292013

Sentra 1.8L

The passegenser air bag sensor does not work properly. Even when I am sitting in the passengerĀ“s seat, the sensor will not recognize that there is someone sitting and it will shut down the air bag. I was told by the service guy that maybe it is because I am too skinny. What a nonsense. My weight is 115 pounds.. What if is a younger person with less weight? It is a security problem because in case of an accident the air bag will probably not work. They havenĀ“t done anything yet.

Update from May 3, 2013: After 3 attempts of repairing the air bag sensor, it does not work properly yet!

- , Villalba, PR, USA