4.8

2014 Nissan Sentra lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Nissan Sentra:

2014 Nissan Sentra Owner Comments

Mar 042016

Sentra

My gas/acceleration decreases while driving on bust highways. I was told by a service tech a douglas Nissan, where I purchased my vehicle brand new September 2014, that they have had 'several┐ customers complain of the same problem and that what they have found it to be is a faulty back tail light and computer reading glitch, that they have found moisture build up due to condensation (when the lights are on) in a back tail light causes the car to ┐think┐ it is in reverse thus causing the 'skid┐ icon to appear on the panel and which is causing the car to decelerate, this has happened to me on sevreal occasions now where my speed has decreased to 60 on a 75 mh interstate hw in dallas and driving North to South on 45 and almost every day for the past two weeks of driving the hour it takes me to get to work in the dark (I need my lights). I am told that ┐I┐ am the one who has to pay for this (a light costing $210 each and labor at $55 per hour because I am at 46000 miles) even thought this clearly seems to be a manufacturing problem. I was told that, until I can afford the new lights, to try turning my lights off while driving and not to use my fog lights┐I drive in the dark every day┐I must use my lights! I pray this becomes recall because I cannot afford the repair and I pray myself or someone else does not get into an accident because of this! this has happened on at least 12 occasions now and it is very scary!

- Streetman, TX, USA

Oct 182015

Sentra

Headlight went out. Then was working they said they checkd groubds N everything I have oic of my meteled plug they clame to of xheckd. They say they sid aoftwear update but its not on ky paoer of stuff tgey did cuz my air bag light go on N off

- Jonesbough, TN, USA