4.8

2014 Nissan Sentra miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Nissan Sentra:

2014 Nissan Sentra Owner Comments

Oct 312016

Sentra

I never received notification that there was a recall on my vehicle. I was checking my online account and called for technical support and was told at that time. Nissan has all my numbers, address and two emails and I was not notified. The problem was fixed, but my concern is that I was not notified!!!

- League City, TX, USA

Aug 042015

Sentra

Turned on rear defoster to defrost window. About 10 min later I was sitting at red light when my rear window shattered.

Aug 042015

Sentra

Rear window defroster defected and shattered window while at a red light

Jul 292015

Sentra

The defroster in back window caused my window to shatter. Evidence shows the defroster in three different spots was melted or got to hot.

Apr 022015

Sentra

My car idles very high when I start it.the RPM goes past 2 and takes several minutes to come down.it stalls during take off and the dealer says nothing is wrong.the only time my RPM is at 0 is when the car is off

- Richmond, VA, USA

Apr 182015

Sentra

Rear door on passenger side not opening from the inside. Brand new car has only been driven 4900 miles.

- Brentwood, NY, USA

Dec 102014

Sentra 4-cyl

I was driving on the streets, about to enter the freeway onto South I-880 and I hear a bang. The driver's side window shatters inward. The city of fremont police came and inspected my car and didn't see anything that could've caused it. Incident history# P14101613 date: 12/10/14 time: 1710 hours the next day, my dad went to the Nissan dealership that sold me the brand new 2014 Nissan Sentra back in may of 2014 but the manager on duty said in his 30 years working there, he had never heard of such an incident (spontaneous glass breakage). Then, my dad went to another mechanic and he worked on my window today, 12/19/14 and saw that the metal that is used on my window was slightly bent. This was a manufacturing defect and unsafe for me to drive but the Nissan dealership is unable to help me. I don't feel that I can drive far any more because the metal is not fixed due to the manufacturing defect, I fear that it would happen again. It shouldn't be like that, especially since I bought a brand new car!

- San Leandro, CA, USA