2015 Nissan Sentra engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Nissan Sentra:

2015 Nissan Sentra Owner Comments

Feb 232016

After driving the car one evening the engine spontaneously caught a fire. The fire deptartment said it started from some problem in the engine. In addition we notice the heat of the fire did not deploy the driver and passenger side air-bags. Normally in many cases of car fires the fire will deploy the emergency air-bags and cause the car alarm to sound this did not happen with my incident.

- West Hempstead, NY, USA

Jul 182016

The first issue occurred July 18. During my trip to Virginia, I began to lose braking. The car would then shut off. I was entering into arlington, in a high traffic area. This issue was dangerous to me and other drivers. Eventually, the car shut off every time I braked. It was towed to passport Nissan in va, where it was diagnosed as transmission/torque converter issues. The next event occurred on pulaski highway in Maryland during rush hour. I pulled out of a convenience store, went to accelerate, and the car would not move. The engine was fully engaged. Again, it was towed. I am told this is also a transmission issue. My vehicle was pushed off the road by a state highway administration vehicle and sustained body damage as a result. I am requesting a buyback from Nissan.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Oct 192015

The contact owns a 2015 Nissan Sentra. While driving approximately 5 mph, the vehicle hesitated and jerked without warning. In addition, the tachometer reading fluctuated. The vehicle was taken to two different dealers where the computerized system was reprogrammed; however, the failure persisted at any speed. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 5.

- Cotuit, MA, USA

May 252016

Our Sentra has a cvt. It currently has less than 7,500 miles on the odometer. On three (3) occasions, the transmission has failed to upshift as we moved away from a stop at a traffic light. At 30 mph or less, the tach is at 4,000 RPM. We have to find a safe place to pull the vehicle to the side of the road, put the trans selection lever in park and then restart our journey. We have taken the vehicle to the Nissan dealer who told us that there was no computer error or malfunction. We contacted Nissan usa and were told the same thing. The transmission of the computer controlling it has a problem. Dates of problems: 3/20/2016; 5/20/2016; 5/25/2016

- York, PA, USA

Mar 272016

I am driving in my car (2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8S) on canal pointe blvd, New Jersey on 03/27/2015 and car suddenly stopped. Luckily I am on low speed and able to pull the car to the right lane. Then tried to restart the car but not started immediately but after few minutes restarted and drove for few miles then experienced slowing down. Hence towed to Nissan dealership East windsor, NJ. After diagnosis service advisors informed about failed crank sensor and need to replace. Then I remembered the similar issue happened in 2011. I was on New Jersey turnpike driving around 65 mph car suddenly stopped and luckily at that time as well, I was driving in right most lane on turnpike and able to pull the car on right shoulder. After few minutes car started and then took the car to Firestone, lawrenceville, NJ and they fixed the crank sensor issue. Today when I contacted Nissan told recall was only for 2005 Nissan Sentra that has 2.5 L engine and my car not in the recall list. Again this complaint is about cost for replacement and about safety. Luckily both the times I was lucky no other car/truck behind my car. Without any pre-notice, car suddenly stalls on the road. I believe we should not allow these cars on roads unless Nissan recalls crank sensors of their cars and ensures crank sensor failures not happens again. Cars suddenly stalls on the roads without any pre-notice is unacceptable. First time when crank sensor failed, car has 95000 miles and this time car has 141000 miles.please help on this and make sure Nissan recalls the cars that has crank sensor failures. Nissan will have data about models they get crank sensor failures. All these cars should be recalled. Do not know what to do when engine suddenly stops on the road. Please assist customers like me not meeting with accidents because of using Nissan cars those has crank sensor failures.

- Monroe Township, NJ, USA

Feb 052016

I was driving on the highway at about 70 to 80 miles for hours while suddenly I was getting close to my destination and the car won't move you can here the RPM going up to like 2500 but the car don't move at all the gas pedal was press other way in but still won't move, in order to fix the problem I have to shut off the car and restarted right away them never have the same problem again.

- Lancaster, PA, USA

Jan 312015

I bought a Nissan Sentra 2015 on January 23rd, 2015, when I took the car for the blessing I opened the hood and saw that the motor didn't have the arm that gives support for the engine and it's assembled to the body of the car. I checked the manual of my car according to my type of motor mra8de and in the document the visual aid shows this arm assembled. I took the car to the dealer Agency and explained the situation, the person in charge saw my car and doubtful took me to see the exhibit car. We opened the hook of the exhibit car as well and confirmed that the support arm was present in the car, he went to explained the situation to the office and returned with an alleged document from the Nissan corporative where it was said that Sentra 2015 models didn't include this arm and it was an engineering change from the 2014 models. I asked him what about the car manual then that was given with the car and the person said that the manual are not updated even due to the engineering change of the 2015 models. I asked for a copy of this document but it was not given because supposedly it needed and update what makes me doubt of it. I'm reporting this complaint because for me this is a security part in the car to support the engine and I'm asking for investigation assistance if this engineering change is rightful and because maybe the drivers might be in danger while driving or even in a car crash incident if this information given was false just to avoid a customer complaint in the Agency.

- Mexico, TX, USA