2.5

2004 Nissan Titan accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Nissan Titan:

2004 Nissan Titan Owner Comments

Apr 132009

Titan

I have a 2004 Titan crew cab 4X4 with 61,000 miles. April of 2009 I checked my air conditioner and found it not to be cooling. I took it in the my local dealership who informed me I had a leak in the high pressure ac hose. Charges for repair $450. Ok no problem. In the following month of may after returning from a trip I found oil below the right axel. Again I took it to my dealership. I was informed that the high pressure hose for the transmission and the high pressure hose for the power steering was both leaking. The mechanic informed me that the hose brackets on that model were bad and that along with new hoses he put on the new type of brackets. He didn't say why the hoses leaked other than "you know the truck is five years old." By the way the cost for that repair $859. So in the span of 30 days I have spent over $1300 to have all of the high pressure hoses replaced. I have never had to replace hoses like this on any vehicle I've ever owned and some I kept for up to ten years. Is it the hoses that are sub-standard or is it the clamps that wore through the hoses? either way all the hoses should not have needed replacement in such a short time. It doesn't matter I was looking buying a new Titan until this came up. No new Titan for me.

- Nesbit, MS, USA